I don’t bother to order brownies when out anymore, they all pale in comparison to these amazingly rich, fudgey, heavenly brownies.
- 375g soft butter
- 375g dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups caster sugar
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g chopped macadamias (or nut of your choice)
- 150g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line pan (33 x 25 x 5.5 cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave in short bursts on medium.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before beating in the egg and sugar mixture, and then the nuts, white choc chips and flour.
- Pour into lined tin and bake for 30 minutes (but can often take longer).
- When it’s ready the top should be dried to a pale brown but the middle still dark and gooey.
Leave a comment
Image by alanlikesmovies Flights can be long and draining and leave you looking less then perfect at the other end! To avoid starting your holiday dehydrated, cranky and headachey follow [...]
It was a walk down memory lane on Saturday 17th March for a one-off special event as part of March into Merivale. Held at Ms G’s, chefs Dan Hong and Jowett [...]
After nearly a month in bed I am slowly starting to resume normal life, but at half speed – because unfortunately it takes 3-4 months to fully recover from pneumonia! [...]
- Goddamn, @bananaparty just cooked cooksuck and I bone marrow, garlic bread and a pleb salad. I'm… http://t.co/vfRCOJ7DCj - posted on 19/04/2014 16:13:35
- Celebrating Good Friday with steak - posted on 18/04/2014 20:19:31
- Ugh my blog is down AGAIN and I need to reference a recipe from it. Thank god I have a copy of my… http://t.co/QqErVIiaOd - posted on 17/04/2014 18:42:17