I don’t bother to order brownies when out anymore, they all pale in comparison to these amazingly rich, fudgey, heavenly brownies.
- 375g soft butter
- 375g dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups caster sugar
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g chopped macadamias (or nut of your choice)
- 150g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line pan (33 x 25 x 5.5 cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave in short bursts on medium.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before beating in the egg and sugar mixture, and then the nuts, white choc chips and flour.
- Pour into lined tin and bake for 30 minutes (but can often take longer).
- When it’s ready the top should be dried to a pale brown but the middle still dark and gooey.
Leave a comment
Last year I posted about receiving 2 jars of delicious Dulce de Leche (or in Portuguese Doce de Leite) from my cousin who had just returned from South America. Unsurprisingly the jars were finished [...]
I have a confession to make. I am allergic to almonds – yes that’s right, that delicious nut frequently used in baking. I can eat any other nut except almonds [...]
Baking is becoming more fashionable and so are its accessories! Here are some baking-related items I am currently lusting after. Image source I have been lusting over this KitchenAid mixer [...]
- Hooray I've found super cheap and cheerful Vietnamese food in Balmain! I feel I'll be coming here a… http://t.co/zWP9fcFTar - posted on 22/04/2014 19:18:48
- The final instalment from my amazing @tasmania trip is now live, feat Swansea & Richmond. Enjoy! #discovertasmania http://t.co/ft1bohnBLh - posted on 22/04/2014 16:33:50
- Trying to decide where to travel this year. Have narrowed it down to Morocco, Base Camp, Malaysia, NY, China, Hawaii, Paris & Mexico. Hmmm.. - posted on 21/04/2014 21:41:06