I don’t bother to order brownies when out anymore, they all pale in comparison to these amazingly rich, fudgey, heavenly brownies.
- 375g soft butter
- 375g dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups caster sugar
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g chopped macadamias (or nut of your choice)
- 150g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line pan (33 x 25 x 5.5 cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave in short bursts on medium.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before beating in the egg and sugar mixture, and then the nuts, white choc chips and flour.
- Pour into lined tin and bake for 30 minutes (but can often take longer).
- When it’s ready the top should be dried to a pale brown but the middle still dark and gooey.
Leave a comment
For my international readers, the 26th of January is Australia Day – a day where we get to take the day off work and have a BBQ, or go to [...]
Happy World Nutella Day everyone! Every year on 5 February, Nutella fans around the world celebrate this delicious chocolate hazelnut spread, sharing recipes, photos and more. Hosted by Bleeding Espresso and [...]
I love high tea and have blogged about it here and here. The idea of spending an afternoon with your girlfriends sampling an array of sandwiches, scones and pastries whilst [...]
- Great talk tonight on building your audience at Protein One. Also great cheese and bread #proteinevent… http://t.co/tC6KNVdW33 - posted on 05/12/2013 20:49:37
- Wine, Italian food and friends, what more could you ask for! Thanks for a lovely night @the_gook… http://t.co/Xm0ijBHyoE - posted on 04/12/2013 20:27:34
- Oportos has gone from Kings Cross?! I'm outraged! - posted on 04/12/2013 17:59:29