I don’t bother to order brownies when out anymore, they all pale in comparison to these amazingly rich, fudgey, heavenly brownies.
- 375g soft butter
- 375g dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups caster sugar
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g chopped macadamias (or nut of your choice)
- 150g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line pan (33 x 25 x 5.5 cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave in short bursts on medium.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before beating in the egg and sugar mixture, and then the nuts, white choc chips and flour.
- Pour into lined tin and bake for 30 minutes (but can often take longer).
- When it’s ready the top should be dried to a pale brown but the middle still dark and gooey.
Leave a comment
I recently tried a coconut macaroon at Lorraine’s Patisserie and fell in love – it was so light and full of crunchy coconut. Heaven. (And before you ask, I am [...]
This classic vanilla cupcake is a staple in my cupcake repertoire. Feel free to tint the icing different colours to suit the client (or your mood!) Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream [...]
What a busy month! It involved pretty skies, hair cuts, couches, and of course a lot of FOOD. ♥ Tapas Cooking Class at Mumu Grill I recently attended a tapas class [...]
I love this unique approach to food styling by Evelina Bratell and photographed by Carl Kleiner for IKEA’s new baking book called Hembakat är Bäst (Homemade is Best). Speaking of [...]
My addiction to Instagram is intensifying and I am constantly on the hunt for new IG users to follow for inspiration or just a little amusement. Here are my current [...]