Happy World Nutella Day!
Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso declare Saturday, February 5th World Nutella Day 2011 – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.This day makes me very happy as Nutella is my favourite spread in the world (sorry peanut butter). My boyfriend usually has a large jar stashed at his house that I attack regularly with a spoon.
I couldn’t decide what to bake for Nutella Day (cupcakes? brownies? cake? slice?) and in the end I decided to bake cookies. I wanted a nice buttery biscuit that wasn’t too sweet to contrast with the decadently sweet and fudgey Nutella. And boy were they a success! My family and I can’t stop eating them :)
- 225g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2¼ cups plain flour
- 200g Nutella (approx, add as much or as little as you like!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and bring the mixture together to form a dough (don’t overbeat).
- Roll the dough into balls and place them a few centimeters apart on a lined baking tray.
- Gently flatten the balls out slightly with your hand. Using your thumb make a dent in the middle of each cookie (don’t make a hole through to the bottom though!)
- Fill each hole with Nutella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Get creative with the Nutella! I also flattened out 2 balls into discs, put a huge dollop of Nutella in the middle of one and placed the second on top. Then I gently pinched around the sides and finished it off with impressions from a fork like they often do with ravioli. A buttery cookie filled with Nutella is amazing.
I hope you enjoy World Nutella Day and perhaps participate next year!
Leave a comment
Jessica Hische is one of my favourite typographers and I look up to her elegant designs and typography work immensely. She graduated from the Tyler School of Art with a [...]
I have recently fallen head over heels for Choupette Lagerfeld, Karl Lagerfeld’s insanely pampered pussy cat. Harpers Bazaar recently did an interview with Karl which gave us an insight into the [...]
Happy World Nutella Day everyone! Every year on 5 February, Nutella fans around the world celebrate this delicious chocolate hazelnut spread, sharing recipes, photos and more. Hosted by Bleeding Espresso and [...]
ombré noun – From the French word ombrer (to shade). Having colours or tones that shade into each other —used especially of fabrics in which the colour is graduated from light to dark. [...]
This month’s theme on SABH is Cake & Three Veg. I toyed with the idea of a chocolate-beetroot cake or a chocolate and avocado mousse but after eying off the lonely [...]