Happy World Nutella Day!
Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso declare Saturday, February 5th World Nutella Day 2011 – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.This day makes me very happy as Nutella is my favourite spread in the world (sorry peanut butter). My boyfriend usually has a large jar stashed at his house that I attack regularly with a spoon.
I couldn’t decide what to bake for Nutella Day (cupcakes? brownies? cake? slice?) and in the end I decided to bake cookies. I wanted a nice buttery biscuit that wasn’t too sweet to contrast with the decadently sweet and fudgey Nutella. And boy were they a success! My family and I can’t stop eating them :)
- 225g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2¼ cups plain flour
- 200g Nutella (approx, add as much or as little as you like!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and bring the mixture together to form a dough (don’t overbeat).
- Roll the dough into balls and place them a few centimeters apart on a lined baking tray.
- Gently flatten the balls out slightly with your hand. Using your thumb make a dent in the middle of each cookie (don’t make a hole through to the bottom though!)
- Fill each hole with Nutella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Get creative with the Nutella! I also flattened out 2 balls into discs, put a huge dollop of Nutella in the middle of one and placed the second on top. Then I gently pinched around the sides and finished it off with impressions from a fork like they often do with ravioli. A buttery cookie filled with Nutella is amazing.
I hope you enjoy World Nutella Day and perhaps participate next year!
Leave a comment
Happy World Nutella Day everyone! February 5th is the day the internet likes to celebrate this amazing spread. Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso declare today a day to celebrate, to [...]
Hi guys, I am off to Melbourne with the boy for a long weekend hooray! The holiday will be filled with lots of eating, shopping and photo taking. This time [...]
Disclosure: This high tea was provided by Groupon for my review I love high tea and always jump at the chance to try out a new place around Sydney. The guys [...]
- Treated myself to Ottolenghi's Jerusalem cookbook today. Can't wait to try out all these mouth… http://t.co/8X6qi5epxd - posted on 09/03/2014 20:45:33
- My first time to Addison Road Markets and I think I died and went to heaven. I ate amazing food,… http://t.co/KsAbtDjnYA - posted on 09/03/2014 13:16:02
- Me and Mrs Nguyen and my expertly rolled rice paper roll (cough cough) @ Fairfield Museum and Gallery http://t.co/DtcXBoREnu - posted on 08/03/2014 14:24:59