Happy World Nutella Day!
Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso declare Saturday, February 5th World Nutella Day 2011 – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.This day makes me very happy as Nutella is my favourite spread in the world (sorry peanut butter). My boyfriend usually has a large jar stashed at his house that I attack regularly with a spoon.
I couldn’t decide what to bake for Nutella Day (cupcakes? brownies? cake? slice?) and in the end I decided to bake cookies. I wanted a nice buttery biscuit that wasn’t too sweet to contrast with the decadently sweet and fudgey Nutella. And boy were they a success! My family and I can’t stop eating them :)
- 225g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2¼ cups plain flour
- 200g Nutella (approx, add as much or as little as you like!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and bring the mixture together to form a dough (don’t overbeat).
- Roll the dough into balls and place them a few centimeters apart on a lined baking tray.
- Gently flatten the balls out slightly with your hand. Using your thumb make a dent in the middle of each cookie (don’t make a hole through to the bottom though!)
- Fill each hole with Nutella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Get creative with the Nutella! I also flattened out 2 balls into discs, put a huge dollop of Nutella in the middle of one and placed the second on top. Then I gently pinched around the sides and finished it off with impressions from a fork like they often do with ravioli. A buttery cookie filled with Nutella is amazing.
I hope you enjoy World Nutella Day and perhaps participate next year!
Leave a comment
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful and chocolate-filled Easter break! My addiction to cookie cutters is getting worse and after stumbling upon some bunny shaped ones in a variety [...]
♥ Travel Insurance Image source This should be purchased the minute you book that flight! Most policies do not automatically include cover for claims involving motorcycling. If you plan on riding a [...]
Wow, it’s hard to imagine that this time last year I was in Europe freezing my butt off and finally getting to experience a White Christmas! As an Australian, Christmas [...]
- Hooray I've found super cheap and cheerful Vietnamese food in Balmain! I feel I'll be coming here a… http://t.co/zWP9fcFTar - posted on 22/04/2014 19:18:48
- The final instalment from my amazing @tasmania trip is now live, feat Swansea & Richmond. Enjoy! #discovertasmania http://t.co/ft1bohnBLh - posted on 22/04/2014 16:33:50
- Trying to decide where to travel this year. Have narrowed it down to Morocco, Base Camp, Malaysia, NY, China, Hawaii, Paris & Mexico. Hmmm.. - posted on 21/04/2014 21:41:06