These lemon cupcakes are the perfect balance between sweet and sour and are thoroughly addictive! This photo is from a cupcake course I ran for an engagement party. My cupcake is the one with the little pink flower, the rest were decorated by my students!
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons (I like mine quite intensely lemony, you can use the zest of just 1 if you wish)
- 4 eggs
- 2½ cups plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 225g butter, softened
- 4-5 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 5 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft. Gradually add the sugar and grated lemon zest and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tins and fill approximately ¾ full. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Remove the cupcakes from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool before you ice them.
- Cream the butter in a bowl with an electric beater until very soft. Gradually add the icing sugar and beat into the butter, along with the lemon zest and enough lemon juice to soften the icing, to a spreadable consistency (you might not need all the icing sugar)
- When the cupcakes are cool, spoon the mixture into an icing bag with a nozzle attached and ice the cupcakes.
Leave a comment
You know how much I love chocolate and how much I love Instagram, well now Cocoagraph offers a service where they convert your favourite Instagram photos into edible milk, white, dark or [...]
I was craving cookies over the rainy weekend and wanted to jazz up my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe. I found some Nestle caramel chips in the supermarket and thought a [...]
Last year I posted about receiving 2 jars of delicious Dulce de Leche (or in Portuguese Doce de Leite) from my cousin who had just returned from South America. Unsurprisingly the jars were finished [...]
I am always very happy when 2 of my great loves combine, and design and cooking are a match made in heaven when Pantone is involved! I am sure you [...]
I LOVE gelato and was very excited to attend a taste testing with Mel and Tara at the newly opened RivaReno gelato at 280 Crown St, Darlinghurst. This Australian branch [...]