These lemon cupcakes are the perfect balance between sweet and sour and are thoroughly addictive! This photo is from a cupcake course I ran for an engagement party. My cupcake is the one with the little pink flower, the rest were decorated by my students!
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons (I like mine quite intensely lemony, you can use the zest of just 1 if you wish)
- 4 eggs
- 2½ cups plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 225g butter, softened
- 4-5 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 5 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft. Gradually add the sugar and grated lemon zest and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tins and fill approximately ¾ full. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Remove the cupcakes from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool before you ice them.
- Cream the butter in a bowl with an electric beater until very soft. Gradually add the icing sugar and beat into the butter, along with the lemon zest and enough lemon juice to soften the icing, to a spreadable consistency (you might not need all the icing sugar)
- When the cupcakes are cool, spoon the mixture into an icing bag with a nozzle attached and ice the cupcakes.
Leave a comment
What a busy month! It involved pretty skies, hair cuts, couches, and of course a lot of FOOD. ♥ Tapas Cooking Class at Mumu Grill I recently attended a tapas class [...]
Hi guys! Sorry I have been a bit quiet, I have been madly working my butt off towards graduating from my graphic design course and I just handed in my [...]
I have made these cookies 3 times in the past 2 weeks due to popular demand! In fact a guy in my class declared them “the best cookie I have [...]
- And now, we feast! On a huge array of Brasserie Breads, Pepe Saya butter, cheeses and oil - posted on 18/12/2013 20:51:48
- My attempts at decorating gingerbread haha @ Brasserie Bread http://t.co/2AX7Yq3LMF - posted on 18/12/2013 20:28:35
- We're in gingerbread making heaven! @ Brasserie Bread http://t.co/wTQ27vOG0u - posted on 18/12/2013 19:45:56