I was recently contacted by MyCityCuisine - a new Wiki project designed to create a free and up-to-date guide to help travellers discover local foods from all over the world.
I think this is a fantastic idea! Food is an integral part of experiencing the local culture and until now there has been no single comprehensive source of information. MyCityCuisine is currently looking for contributors, so if you are an avid foodie and traveller – please share your knowledge with the world!
How To Contribute
At the heart of this project are food lovers from around the world. You can contribute to this project in the following ways:
- Write a new dish description
- Expand an existing dish description
- Correct mistakes in an existing dish description
- Suggest a new dish to be included
- Upload a new dish photo
Keep a watchful eye:
- Report vandalized pages
- Report inappropriate photos
- Report broken links
Improve the grammar and spelling:
- Many of the dish descriptions on this site are written by contributors whose native language is not English, so the grammar and spelling sometimes requires editing.
I am definitely keen to contribute and I hope you are too. For more information on how to contribute go here.
Otherwise if you are planning a trip abroad, definitely bookmark this site so you know which local foods you should try!
Leave a comment
This time of year is often stressful for a lot of us, not only does the financial and emotional pressure often take its toll (don’t you love those family fights?), [...]
My heart is breaking for Japan, I was only just there in December, falling in love with an amazing country. I had the pleasure of meeting up with Eloise from [...]
Hey guys! I am back now from an amazing and exhausting long weekend in Adelaide for the Eat Drink Blog Conference. I am yet to go through my photos on [...]
- Hooray I've found super cheap and cheerful Vietnamese food in Balmain! I feel I'll be coming here a… http://t.co/zWP9fcFTar - posted on 22/04/2014 19:18:48
- The final instalment from my amazing @tasmania trip is now live, feat Swansea & Richmond. Enjoy! #discovertasmania http://t.co/ft1bohnBLh - posted on 22/04/2014 16:33:50
- Trying to decide where to travel this year. Have narrowed it down to Morocco, Base Camp, Malaysia, NY, China, Hawaii, Paris & Mexico. Hmmm.. - posted on 21/04/2014 21:41:06