I was recently contacted by MyCityCuisine - a new Wiki project designed to create a free and up-to-date guide to help travellers discover local foods from all over the world.
I think this is a fantastic idea! Food is an integral part of experiencing the local culture and until now there has been no single comprehensive source of information. MyCityCuisine is currently looking for contributors, so if you are an avid foodie and traveller – please share your knowledge with the world!
How To Contribute
At the heart of this project are food lovers from around the world. You can contribute to this project in the following ways:
- Write a new dish description
- Expand an existing dish description
- Correct mistakes in an existing dish description
- Suggest a new dish to be included
- Upload a new dish photo
Keep a watchful eye:
- Report vandalized pages
- Report inappropriate photos
- Report broken links
Improve the grammar and spelling:
- Many of the dish descriptions on this site are written by contributors whose native language is not English, so the grammar and spelling sometimes requires editing.
I am definitely keen to contribute and I hope you are too. For more information on how to contribute go here.
Otherwise if you are planning a trip abroad, definitely bookmark this site so you know which local foods you should try!
Leave a comment
If you wonder why I have been so busy lately, slaving away on weekends and nights instead of doing fun things such as eating and drinking, well I’ve been madly [...]
I often get asked by friends and family for my tips on nabbing a cheap fare. Sometimes you get rewarded for planning ahead and careful organisation, other times you just [...]
This month’s theme for the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop is PIE, something I don’t often make as I usually get distracted by cupcakes or cookies. Peanut butter chocolate pie, apple cobbler and [...]
- My first time to Addison Road Markets and I think I died and went to heaven. I ate amazing food,… http://t.co/KsAbtDjnYA - posted on 09/03/2014 13:16:02
- Me and Mrs Nguyen and my expertly rolled rice paper roll (cough cough) @ Fairfield Museum and Gallery http://t.co/DtcXBoREnu - posted on 08/03/2014 14:24:59
- Making Vietnamese rice paper rolls with a pro! @ Fairfield Museum and Gallery http://t.co/wTkwdL5ZZy - posted on 08/03/2014 14:19:00