I was recently contacted by MyCityCuisine - a new Wiki project designed to create a free and up-to-date guide to help travellers discover local foods from all over the world.
I think this is a fantastic idea! Food is an integral part of experiencing the local culture and until now there has been no single comprehensive source of information. MyCityCuisine is currently looking for contributors, so if you are an avid foodie and traveller – please share your knowledge with the world!
How To Contribute
At the heart of this project are food lovers from around the world. You can contribute to this project in the following ways:
- Write a new dish description
- Expand an existing dish description
- Correct mistakes in an existing dish description
- Suggest a new dish to be included
- Upload a new dish photo
Keep a watchful eye:
- Report vandalized pages
- Report inappropriate photos
- Report broken links
Improve the grammar and spelling:
- Many of the dish descriptions on this site are written by contributors whose native language is not English, so the grammar and spelling sometimes requires editing.
I am definitely keen to contribute and I hope you are too. For more information on how to contribute go here.
Otherwise if you are planning a trip abroad, definitely bookmark this site so you know which local foods you should try!
Leave a comment
I just stumbled across this beautiful infographic on typography recently and had to share. I wish I could properly credit the designer but all I can find out is that [...]
My apartment is still in shambles – boxes everywhere, IKEA furniture semi-assembled, clothes stuffed in garbage bags…. And I can’t find my cupcake baking trays. Disaster! So as I can’t [...]
Hey guys! Here is another protein ball recipe to complement last week’s Raw Cashew and Coconut recipe. Inspired by the lovely Tina from Bite Me Show Me, I tweaked this recipe [...]
- I'm on a boat! Work Christmas party :) @ Sydney Harbour http://t.co/fNaXUmUcbm - posted on 12/12/2013 14:04:27
- Happy (early) birthday to me! @ Vacanza In The Hills http://t.co/u7g861e0uI - posted on 11/12/2013 20:47:44
- I am getting festive this Christmas with Candy Cane Cupcakes wearing reindeer antlers! http://t.co/sjZWB3aFcB - posted on 11/12/2013 15:15:25