Ah the humble choc chip cookie. So popular, yet often done so badly. This recipe I use is the best one I have found – the high ratio of brown sugar ensures the cookies are chewy in the middle and crunchy on the outside.
But beware these cookies like to spread when they bake! The first time I made it everything morphed into 1 UBER COOKIE which was wonderful and all, but not a great idea for portion control. To avoid uber-cookie problems, I suggest spooning 5 tablespoon size balls onto each baking sheet.
- 140g butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 250g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Cream the butter and sugars for at least 5 minutes until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add choc chips, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Beat on low speed until just combined (don’t overwork the mixture or it can become tough).
- Dollop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto lined baking trays. I usually put 5 cookies on each of my 4 trays as these babies spread.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, around 12-14 minutes.
Leave a comment
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful and chocolate-filled Easter break! My addiction to cookie cutters is getting worse and after stumbling upon some bunny shaped ones in a variety [...]
Image by alanlikesmovies Flights can be long and draining and leave you looking less then perfect at the other end! To avoid starting your holiday dehydrated, cranky and headachey follow [...]
Happy Easter everyone! I hope you enjoy your Easter break (us Australians get a 5 day long weekend woohoo!) and eat lots of chocolate – I of course have already eaten a ridiculous amount. [...]
- Comic Sans gets a minimalist makeover. Hmmm.... http://t.co/dzNGlB5nQr - posted on 15/04/2014 12:10:56
- I've teamed up with @VitasoyAus to bring you a delicious and decadent Choc & Raspberry Vegan Mousse! #spillthebeans http://t.co/8gMwr0SFHT - posted on 15/04/2014 11:50:43
- I CAN'T BELIEVE JOFFREY THREW THINGS AT SIGUR ROS - posted on 14/04/2014 21:20:41