These white chocolate cupcakes are a delicious and elegant treat. The white chocolate icing is paired with a vanilla cupcake base, however you can get creative and add raspberries to your cupcake mixture for a sharp flavour contrast.
- 230g butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 300g white chocolate
- 200g butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer until smooth in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the 2 flours and salt into a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Do not overmix!
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ full with mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate and butter together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Allow to cool for around 5 minutes.
- Sift in 4 cups of the icing sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk and either beat with electric beaters or whisk.
- You may not need all of the final cup of icing sugar – add it in gradually until a spreadable thickness is reached.
- Spoon the mixture into an icing bag with a nozzle attached and ice the cupcakes.
The gorgeous cupcake wrappers and buttons are from Donna Hay, I love them!!
Leave a comment
St Patrick’s Day is on Sunday and it’s always a good excuse to add booze to desserts! I added Guinness beer to the batter of the dark chocolate cake, giving [...]
Whilst I am off eating/drinking/buying everything in sight in America, I am lucky enough to have 3 very talented bloggers to guest post when I am away! If want to [...]
What started off as a few tweets between food bloggers on Twitter soon spawned into a burger party at Moo Gourmet Burgers in Newtown with 19 attendees! The power of the [...]
- The winner was just picked for the Pancake Prize Pack from @australianeggs! Congrats to Sarah A! http://t.co/hAUQzKZ3hb - posted on 11/03/2014 13:25:14
- Treated myself to Ottolenghi's Jerusalem cookbook today. Can't wait to try out all these mouth… http://t.co/8X6qi5epxd - posted on 09/03/2014 20:45:33
- My first time to Addison Road Markets and I think I died and went to heaven. I ate amazing food,… http://t.co/KsAbtDjnYA - posted on 09/03/2014 13:16:02