These white chocolate cupcakes are a delicious and elegant treat. The white chocolate icing is paired with a vanilla cupcake base, however you can get creative and add raspberries to your cupcake mixture for a sharp flavour contrast.
- 230g butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 300g white chocolate
- 200g butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer until smooth in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the 2 flours and salt into a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Do not overmix!
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ full with mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate and butter together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Allow to cool for around 5 minutes.
- Sift in 4 cups of the icing sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk and either beat with electric beaters or whisk.
- You may not need all of the final cup of icing sugar – add it in gradually until a spreadable thickness is reached.
- Spoon the mixture into an icing bag with a nozzle attached and ice the cupcakes.
The gorgeous cupcake wrappers and buttons are from Donna Hay, I love them!!
Leave a comment
Wow, it’s hard to imagine that this time last year I was in Europe freezing my butt off and finally getting to experience a White Christmas! As an Australian, Christmas [...]
Baking is becoming more fashionable and so are its accessories! Here are some baking-related items I am currently lusting after. Image source I have been lusting over this KitchenAid mixer [...]
Nice things make me happy. And after 2 years of living frugally as a poor student I must admit I have gone a little shopping mad now that I have [...]
- Trying to decide where to travel this year. Have narrowed it down to Morocco, Base Camp, Malaysia, NY, China, Hawaii, Paris & Mexico. Hmmm.. - posted on 21/04/2014 21:41:06
- Got my cooking mojo back - made Ottolenghi's turkey and courgette burgers with spring onion and cumin.… http://t.co/pKNtpi5Bnx - posted on 21/04/2014 19:46:36
- This is the best I've felt in my life! http://t.co/1a56OKNoqc - posted on 21/04/2014 06:27:20