These buttery biscuits covered with sesame seeds and smothered in dulce de leche are a real treat! You make a bit of a mess eating them, but that’s half the fun :)
- 1 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 30g butter
- 2½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 200g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine ingredients in a medium heavy based saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Once mixture has come to the boil, reduce temperature and simmer for around 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Allow to cool while you get on with making the biscuits.
- Put flour, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon into the food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add yolk and pulse until just combined.
- Tip mixture onto greaseproof paper or glad wrap and roll into a sausage round 4cm in diameter. Wrap in glad wrap and chill in fridge until solid.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cut dough into 3-4mm discs (thinner than in my above photo, to achieve a better biscuit to dulce de leche ratio!)
- Pour sesame seeds onto a plate and press one side of each biscuit into the sesame seeds.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and bake for 10 mins or until lightly golden.
- Once completely cool, spread half the biscuits with dulce de leche and gently sandwich the biscuits together.
Leave a comment
Is there anything better in life than salted caramel? Possibly kittens but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. My love for salted caramel is [...]
We all have some form of travel bucket list, even if only in our minds. I absolutely love writing lists and then crossing things off (I have notebooks filled with [...]
I woke up early on Saturday morning with a mixture of excitement and stress. It was the day of the Sydney Food Bloggers Xmas Picnic – hooray for catching up [...]
- Treated myself to Ottolenghi's Jerusalem cookbook today. Can't wait to try out all these mouth… http://t.co/8X6qi5epxd - posted on 09/03/2014 20:45:33
- My first time to Addison Road Markets and I think I died and went to heaven. I ate amazing food,… http://t.co/KsAbtDjnYA - posted on 09/03/2014 13:16:02
- Me and Mrs Nguyen and my expertly rolled rice paper roll (cough cough) @ Fairfield Museum and Gallery http://t.co/DtcXBoREnu - posted on 08/03/2014 14:24:59