These buttery biscuits covered with sesame seeds and smothered in dulce de leche are a real treat! You make a bit of a mess eating them, but that’s half the fun :)
- 1 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 30g butter
- 2½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 200g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine ingredients in a medium heavy based saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Once mixture has come to the boil, reduce temperature and simmer for around 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Allow to cool while you get on with making the biscuits.
- Put flour, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon into the food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add yolk and pulse until just combined.
- Tip mixture onto greaseproof paper or glad wrap and roll into a sausage round 4cm in diameter. Wrap in glad wrap and chill in fridge until solid.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cut dough into 3-4mm discs (thinner than in my above photo, to achieve a better biscuit to dulce de leche ratio!)
- Pour sesame seeds onto a plate and press one side of each biscuit into the sesame seeds.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and bake for 10 mins or until lightly golden.
- Once completely cool, spread half the biscuits with dulce de leche and gently sandwich the biscuits together.
Leave a comment
Happy Australia Day for tomorrow, everyone! Australia Day is celebrated on the 26th January and the date commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788. As Australia Day falls [...]
I was recently asked by Pigeonhole Gatherings (run by the lovely Lauren and Katie, I designed their logo and identity) to bake for their charity bake sale at the Redwater Markets in [...]
Designing the visual identity for a sweets company would be my idea of a dream job, combining 2 of my greatest loves – design and food! Here are 2 great projects [...]
- The Blue Mountains is cloaked in fog and looking ~spooky~ - posted on 25/04/2014 13:48:00
- Hooray I've found super cheap and cheerful Vietnamese food in Balmain! I feel I'll be coming here a… http://t.co/zWP9fcFTar - posted on 22/04/2014 19:18:48
- The final instalment from my amazing @tasmania trip is now live, feat Swansea & Richmond. Enjoy! #discovertasmania http://t.co/ft1bohnBLh - posted on 22/04/2014 16:33:50