These buttery biscuits covered with sesame seeds and smothered in dulce de leche are a real treat! You make a bit of a mess eating them, but that’s half the fun :)
- 1 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 30g butter
- 2½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 200g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine ingredients in a medium heavy based saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Once mixture has come to the boil, reduce temperature and simmer for around 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Allow to cool while you get on with making the biscuits.
- Put flour, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon into the food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add yolk and pulse until just combined.
- Tip mixture onto greaseproof paper or glad wrap and roll into a sausage round 4cm in diameter. Wrap in glad wrap and chill in fridge until solid.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cut dough into 3-4mm discs (thinner than in my above photo, to achieve a better biscuit to dulce de leche ratio!)
- Pour sesame seeds onto a plate and press one side of each biscuit into the sesame seeds.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and bake for 10 mins or until lightly golden.
- Once completely cool, spread half the biscuits with dulce de leche and gently sandwich the biscuits together.
Leave a comment
This is my first time hosting the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop and I wanted to set a challenge that was both fun and encouraged your imagination to run wild. I’ve always [...]
I was recently contacted by MyCityCuisine – a new Wiki project designed to create a free and up-to-date guide to help travellers discover local foods from all over the world. I [...]
Welcome to the second part of Girls in Design! You can find part 1 on Jessica Hische here. Today’s spotlight is on Australian typographer and illustrator Gemma O’Brien. I had [...]
- My letterpressed blog logo done at a fun night with @erikarax at The Distillery! @ The Distillery… http://t.co/c6bCxhxNwG - posted on 06/12/2013 21:56:36
- I have the song Bubble Butt in my head & can only remember the words "Bubble Butt. Bubble bubble bubble butt" so soz to those I sing it to. - posted on 06/12/2013 16:41:20
- PETA's new tactic - fat shaming =/ http://t.co/po4YMgW295 - posted on 06/12/2013 10:50:00