These buttery biscuits covered with sesame seeds and smothered in dulce de leche are a real treat! You make a bit of a mess eating them, but that’s half the fun :)
- 1 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 30g butter
- 2½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 200g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine ingredients in a medium heavy based saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Once mixture has come to the boil, reduce temperature and simmer for around 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Allow to cool while you get on with making the biscuits.
- Put flour, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon into the food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add yolk and pulse until just combined.
- Tip mixture onto greaseproof paper or glad wrap and roll into a sausage round 4cm in diameter. Wrap in glad wrap and chill in fridge until solid.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cut dough into 3-4mm discs (thinner than in my above photo, to achieve a better biscuit to dulce de leche ratio!)
- Pour sesame seeds onto a plate and press one side of each biscuit into the sesame seeds.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and bake for 10 mins or until lightly golden.
- Once completely cool, spread half the biscuits with dulce de leche and gently sandwich the biscuits together.
Leave a comment
I wanted to make a festive cupcake to celebrate Easter that combined Easter eggs and my current craving for chocolate and peanut butter. I settled on a chocolate cupcake with [...]
I love Greek food but must admit it’s a cuisine I rarely eat. So when Alpha opened up in the CBD I rallied a posse of foodie ladies to try [...]
Hello Internet! I was wondering if I could have some help. My housemate and I purchased a lovely couch recently, it’s name is Frenchie (Freedom named it, not us). I [...]
- Ugh my blog is down AGAIN and I need to reference a recipe from it. Thank god I have a copy of my… http://t.co/QqErVIiaOd - posted on 17/04/2014 18:42:17
- My walk to work this morning was pretty amazing. Loving these sunny, crisp mornings - posted on 17/04/2014 18:24:00
- Already smashed 2 Easter eggs and a Nutella-covered Hot Cross Bun by 10am. - posted on 17/04/2014 10:41:24