Sydney Food Bloggers Picnic 2012

Share the loveShare on Facebook2Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Google+0Email to someoneShare on Yummly

On Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the annual Sydney Food Bloggers Picnic organised by Suze from ChocolateSuze and Helen from Grab Your Fork. I turned up knowing no one but left with lots of great new foodie friends. Hooray! After fretting over what to bake to impress my fellow food bloggers I finally settled on my ginger cupcakes with cream cheese icing. And they were a huge hit!

Upon arrival I was greeted with lots of different treats safely nestled in their Tupperware containers (and some bugs made out of lollies!)

Soon everyone had whipped out their DSLRs and were photographing like mad!

Bloggers waiting to consume the goodies… (love the red plastic cups, it was like a frat party!)

Still photographing madly… Um can we start eating yet?!

My ginger cupcake!

My cupcakes were unveiled and ready for demolishing (btw I LOVE my new cupcake carrier from Lincraft – no more squished cupcakes!)

Bacon wrapped stuff by Lateral Eating Oh yeah!

Roast Beef baguettes by VXDollface

Simon from Simon Food Favourites made a pop up bar! Whisky and gin mmmm

Fairy bread by Sugar Puffi

Petit Fours

Pandan cupcakes by Lay’s Kitchen Explorations. I LOVED these and they have inspired me to start using more exotic flavours in my baking

Browned Butter apple pound cake by Beyond Bourke Street

Group shot by Simon from The Heart of Food (you see my head peaking out at the top haha)

• Reply Miss Piggy January 18, 2012 at 11:56 am

I didn’t get to try one of your cupcakes which is sad as I admire them on your blog often. Sorry we didn’t get to meet this time…so many people!

• Reply Swah January 18, 2012 at 12:04 pm

So many people indeed, it was a bit overwhelming! Next time we shall meet and I will shove a cupcake at you hehe :)

• Reply Sylvia @ My Lovely Bites January 18, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Hello! I just found your blog by browsing Twitter and I am glad I did because your blog looks amazing!! And your first category is “cats” which means we are gonna be friends. :) I am newbie, also from Sydney, and couldn’t make it to the picnic because of work >.< I shoudl just have taken the day off, look at that amazing amount of delicious food!!! Anyway, nice to meet you: I'll be back next post ^^

• Reply Swah January 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Hi Sylvia,

What a shame you had to work – hopefully we can meet at the next blogger event! Just had a quick browse through your blog and I love it! I have been dying to try out a chai cupcake recipe for ages, will definitely have to give it a go soon :)

• Reply Flick @ Flick Your Food January 18, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Great Photos Swah.
    Those cupcakes were gold! Im glad you have the recipe on your blog!
    It was great to meet you, and by the way, your website looks amazing.

• Reply Swah January 18, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Thanks so much Flick! It was wonderful to meet you too – I’m looking forward to a blogger dinner sometime in the near future. And glad you like the new site! So relieved the re-design is over :)

• Reply chocolatesuze January 18, 2012 at 5:08 pm

rats i didnt get to try your cupcake but was lovely to finally meet you in person!

• Reply Swah January 19, 2012 at 9:37 am

It was great to meet you Suze! What an amazing turn out – congrats again to you and Helen for organising such a fun event :)

• Reply Lucas July 21, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Where do you get your cupcake lniers from?I’ve been searching and searching and have not found anything.(I have a serious dislike of the pleated ones don’t ask me why, I just think they look messy.)

• Reply Swah July 22, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I think they were just cheap ones from the supermarket!

• Reply Lay January 18, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Hey glad you liked the pandan cupcakes! :) Hope to see your exotic flavours creations! :)) Nice to meet you too. Love your blog! It’s fun!

• Reply Swah January 19, 2012 at 9:37 am

Lovely to meet you Lay! I will definitely have to do some exotic experimenting and post the results on my blog :)

• Reply Helen (Grab Your Fork) January 19, 2012 at 1:43 am

Argh I love ginger and I love cream cheese and I missed out on your cupcakes! Not surprised they were a hit. Glad you could make it! Food blogger meetups are always fun!

• Reply Swah January 19, 2012 at 9:36 am

Shame you missed out Helen! There were lots of goodies I missed out on due to lack of stomach space – next time I need to starve myself a bit before the next food blogger meetup haha ;)

• Reply Dressed and Eaten January 23, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Your cupcakes looked amazing! Disappointed I didn’t end up trying them! Love ginger. It was lovely to meet you too.

P.S What was the name of the piping bag you used again? I remember it was same one Lay from Lay Kitchen’s used. Thanks!

• Reply Swah January 23, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Thank you! :)
      I bought my piping tip and disposable piping bags from Chef’s Warehouse in Surry Hills. I believe the tip I use is Loyal Star Piping Nozzle Plastic #17 (will double check though). Basically I went into the store and chose the largest star tip they had! And I use disposable piping bags because I think they are more hygienic – I feel you can never properly clean the reuseable fabric ones!

• Reply Sydney Food Bloggers Xmas Picnic « Love Swah December 26, 2012 at 11:49 am

[…] food. But I hadn’t baked anything! After the success of my ginger cupcakes at the last Food Bloggers Picnic I knew I had to create something equally delicious. I settled on my spiced cookies with salted […]