Food

Ladurée is opening in Sydney in July

Share the loveShare on Facebook93Tweet about this on Twitter4Pin on Pinterest11Share on StumbleUpon0Google+0Email to someoneShare on Yummly

The squeals of delight from every foodie and fashionista could be heard echoing around the realms of Twitter when it was recently announced that iconic French patisserie Ladurée would finally be opening a store in Sydney in July! With stores throughout Europe, Asia and the Middle East, it was only a matter of time before this sweet brand would set up shop on Australian shores and start dishing out their delicious pastel treats.

Word on the street is that Ladurée will be opening their first store at Westfield Sydney. I’m predicting flashbacks to the manic Zara store opening – except these impatient queuers will be in need of a sugar fix! Terrifying.

In other Ladurée related gossip, I posted last month about the Hello Kitty x Ladurée collaboration and the new Ladurée makeup line. And to satisfy your macaron obsession for now, why don’t you go make some macarons with strawberry and white chocolate ganache?

9 Comments

• Reply Lisa May 30, 2012 at 10:58 am

Oooh this is exciting! Can’t wait to check it out.

• Reply Swah May 30, 2012 at 11:05 am

I’m so excited!! :)

• Reply Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries June 2, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I will admit I thought I was over my Macaron obsession but this news has jumpstarted it again. That one you have pictured with Raspberries in the middle has been the one image haunting me. I have been dreaming about it. I am so sad (… that I have to wait to july).

• Reply Swah June 4, 2012 at 9:15 am

I think the macaron trend was definitely waning, but the launch of Laduree should definitely ignite it again :) Now we just have to patiently wait until July…. hmmf!

• Reply Stephane June 15, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Oh my goodness, this is amazing! I’ve been waiting for this for ever!
    I read somewhere that the macarons would be shipped from Switzerland… It’s a pity that they are not made locally! Thanks for sharing this exciting news!

• Reply Swah June 15, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Oh what a shame if they are being shipped over from Switzerland!! I would have hoped they would bake locally. Fingers crossed it’s just a rumour!

• Reply Chicly June 21, 2012 at 10:10 am

Wow! Yay,yay,yay soooo exited

• Reply Sbo20 August 29, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I’ve heard that the Laduree shop will be located somewhere in Sydney’s Pitt Street Mall. Does anyone know whether it has actually opened yet?

• Reply Swah August 30, 2012 at 9:52 am

Hi I walked past the Laduree site last week, it still hasn’t opened. It’s located in the middle of the floor in the Westfield shopping centre on Pitt St – not much ambience that’s for sure! Here is a photo I took of the building site http://web.stagram.com/p/262707212315727975_570197