ombré noun – From the French word ombrer (to shade). Having colours or tones that shade into each other —used especially of fabrics in which the colour is graduated from light to dark.
I have recently become obsessed ombre and first discovered this trend through cake. I loved the effect of tinting layers of cake a different shade.
I next noticed the ombre trend incorporated into interiors and furniture. My plain white IKEA desk is begging to be painted in peach ombre!
1. Ombre Chair by Design Sponge
2. Ombre Stairs by Design Sponge
3. Ombre Desk by Vintage Revivals
4. Ombre Curtains by Sketch 42
And I love love love this ombre nail idea from The Beauty Department
Stay tuned for an ombre inspired dessert coming soon! And possibly some DIY home decorating attempts….
Leave a comment
Hello everyone! Apologies for being a bit quiet on the blog front as of late, it is fast approaching end of semester and I am drowning in assignments. All social [...]
Hey guys, for those of you who aren’t following me on Instagram (I am @swah) I have created a new blog category to check out my phone pics here. Generally [...]
This month’s SABH is of course Christmas themed – Sweets for Santa! One of my favourite combinations is strawberry and chocolate (as seen here), and I loved the idea of [...]
- Treated myself to Ottolenghi's Jerusalem cookbook today. Can't wait to try out all these mouth… http://t.co/8X6qi5epxd - posted on 09/03/2014 20:45:33
- My first time to Addison Road Markets and I think I died and went to heaven. I ate amazing food,… http://t.co/KsAbtDjnYA - posted on 09/03/2014 13:16:02
- Me and Mrs Nguyen and my expertly rolled rice paper roll (cough cough) @ Fairfield Museum and Gallery http://t.co/DtcXBoREnu - posted on 08/03/2014 14:24:59