ombré noun – From the French word ombrer (to shade). Having colours or tones that shade into each other —used especially of fabrics in which the colour is graduated from light to dark.
I have recently become obsessed ombre and first discovered this trend through cake. I loved the effect of tinting layers of cake a different shade.
I next noticed the ombre trend incorporated into interiors and furniture. My plain white IKEA desk is begging to be painted in peach ombre!
1. Ombre Chair by Design Sponge
2. Ombre Stairs by Design Sponge
3. Ombre Desk by Vintage Revivals
4. Ombre Curtains by Sketch 42
And I love love love this ombre nail idea from The Beauty Department
Stay tuned for an ombre inspired dessert coming soon! And possibly some DIY home decorating attempts….
Leave a comment
I’m stepping up my game in my Microwave Mug Cake series. First we had dark chocolate, then salted caramel… and now S’MORES! For those who don’t know what a S’more [...]
When I was planning for my Japan adventure last year I stumbled across the concept of a “Cat Cafe”. These are hugely popular in Japan and they are essentially themed [...]
Welcome to the first competition on Love Swah! Woo! Today I am giving away 3 copies of my travel + dessert zines of your choice! And if you aren’t the [...]
- Looking for some Christmas baking inspiration? How about my brownie cupcakes with strawberry santa hats! http://t.co/KPpwMq1Xg1 - posted on 13/12/2013 14:48:47
- Goddamnit, I just spent ages walking around the city, shopping and buying lunch and no one told me I had a bit of yoga mat stuck to my face. - posted on 13/12/2013 14:21:29
- I'm on a boat! Work Christmas party :) @ Sydney Harbour http://t.co/fNaXUmUcbm - posted on 12/12/2013 14:04:27