ombré noun – From the French word ombrer (to shade). Having colours or tones that shade into each other —used especially of fabrics in which the colour is graduated from light to dark.
I have recently become obsessed ombre and first discovered this trend through cake. I loved the effect of tinting layers of cake a different shade.
I next noticed the ombre trend incorporated into interiors and furniture. My plain white IKEA desk is begging to be painted in peach ombre!
1. Ombre Chair by Design Sponge
2. Ombre Stairs by Design Sponge
3. Ombre Desk by Vintage Revivals
4. Ombre Curtains by Sketch 42
And I love love love this ombre nail idea from The Beauty Department
Stay tuned for an ombre inspired dessert coming soon! And possibly some DIY home decorating attempts….
Leave a comment
I love lists! My room is overflowing with notebooks filled with handwritten lists. There is nothing more satisfying then crossing something off your list which has led me to writing [...]
It was a walk down memory lane on Saturday 17th March for a one-off special event as part of March into Merivale. Held at Ms G’s, chefs Dan Hong and Jowett [...]
Last week a friend and I hired a professional photographer to shoot images for our graduation portfolios – and boy what a difference does a pro make! I actually squealed [...]
- Treated myself to Ottolenghi's Jerusalem cookbook today. Can't wait to try out all these mouth… http://t.co/8X6qi5epxd - posted on 09/03/2014 20:45:33
- My first time to Addison Road Markets and I think I died and went to heaven. I ate amazing food,… http://t.co/KsAbtDjnYA - posted on 09/03/2014 13:16:02
- Me and Mrs Nguyen and my expertly rolled rice paper roll (cough cough) @ Fairfield Museum and Gallery http://t.co/DtcXBoREnu - posted on 08/03/2014 14:24:59