Next stop, Vietnam!

Image Source

I am usually a fairly sensible person. Well, sometimes at least. When I book a trip it’s usually months (often a year) in advance and I research and plan everything to the nth degree because I am a control freak. On Wednesday morning I was chatting with the girls at work about their travel plans this year. I thought “I’d really love to see Vietnam”. After a bit of quick Googling it turned out April and October were the best months to travel, weather-wise. I mulled this idea over in my head and went home. Whilst casually browsing the Qantas website at home before my dinner date to see what I could do with my abundant Frequent Flyer points, the sensible part in my brain snapped and I booked flights. Just like that. And I leave in a month. Wonderful!

Vietnam ticked all the boxes of the perfect travel destination – I wanted to see somewhere new, I needed something affordable and I wanted the destination to be under 9 hours from Australia as I only have 2 1/2 weeks annual leave. Plus I am fascinated by the breathtaking natural sights, the culture and most of all THE FOOD.

So please, dear internet, give me your Vietnam suggestions! I don’t have the time to research this country as thoroughly as I’d like before I leave so please share with me your favourite experiences, foods, sights and any dos or don’ts. I also have a few nights at the end of my trip in Hong Kong so any additional suggestions will be more than welcome!

Where are you off to next?

Comments

1. says

Oh you lucky duck! How exciting, you’ll have a fabulous time. Vietnam is on my list so I’d love to hear what you end up doing, hopefully I get there soon too

• Swah says

I’m so excited! I will be compiling all my research and tips on Vietnam into a travel zine when I get back with my photographs, so stay tuned x

2. says

Yay! I love love love Vietnam. We spent three months there earlier this year. Check out our travel blog (www.abercrombieandphoto.com) and old posts on my blog from March and April of this year (www.micasa-sucasa.com.au) If you have any specific questions, just let me know!

• Swah says

Ooo thank you SK! I have trawled through many pages of your Vietnam posts and love the writing and photos. Getting very excited!!

3. says

I am a totally stress-head control freak myself, yet tend to book holidays on a whim…I think if I don’t book it ASAP I’ll miss out (like the plane will be full within 20 seconds of myself deciding to go somewhere). Check out A Table for Two’s Blog; as well as Phuoc’n Delicious, He Needs Food and Street Food – I’m pretty sure they’ve all been to Vietnam and blogged about it.

• Swah says

Ahaha oh Mel you are hilarious!! Thank you for those blog suggestions, I have bookmarked them all and will trawl them on the weekend. Yay!