I love recipes passed down from generation to generation and was recently sent this beautiful old recipe for passionfruit slice by a friend from his Mum. Since most of my recipes are now printed off from the internet and then hastily stuffed in my binder folder, I love coming across old faded and hand typed recipes such as this.
I made a few slight adjustments to this recipe but it was pretty much perfect as is (and oh so easy). Enjoy!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 115g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 250g Nestle reduced cream
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp custard power mixed with ½ cup water
- 4 passionfruit
- Mix together ingredients and press into a 30cm fluted tart tin or a rectangular slice tin.
- Bake for 10 mins on 180°C or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine all ingredients together and beat until slightly thickened.
- Pour over cooled base and put in the fridge to set.
- Stir water, caster sugar and custard power disolved into water in a saucepan over low heat until thickened.
- Allow mixture to cool before adding the pulp of the passionfruit.
- Pour passionfruit mixture over the cream filling and put back in the fridge to set (I like to let mine set over night before slicing).
Do you have a favourite recipe passed down through your family? I am desperate to get my hands on my late Grandma’s famous steamed golden syrup pudding!
Leave a comment
I recently tried a coconut macaroon at Lorraine’s Patisserie and fell in love – it was so light and full of crunchy coconut. Heaven. (And before you ask, I am [...]
My beloved mint green encased iPhone has been possessed lately. It’s been ringing random people from my contacts list at all times of the day and night (including multiple calls [...]
I generally try and avoid literary band wagons. I avoided the Twilight thing like the plague and am still yet to generate enough interest to read the True Blood or [...]
- Hooray I've found super cheap and cheerful Vietnamese food in Balmain! I feel I'll be coming here a… http://t.co/zWP9fcFTar - posted on 22/04/2014 19:18:48
- The final instalment from my amazing @tasmania trip is now live, feat Swansea & Richmond. Enjoy! #discovertasmania http://t.co/ft1bohnBLh - posted on 22/04/2014 16:33:50
- Trying to decide where to travel this year. Have narrowed it down to Morocco, Base Camp, Malaysia, NY, China, Hawaii, Paris & Mexico. Hmmm.. - posted on 21/04/2014 21:41:06