Today I made a saucy dessert for this month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop. This is a super easy and quick treat to whip up when you have friends over or to finish off a casual dinner.
One of my favourite treats is strawberries dipped in dark chocolate and I wanted to make a more decadent dipping sauce version. I substituted the normal cream used in a ganache in favour of sweetened condensed milk to give it a fudgey consistency. I added peanut butter for salt and crunch and a bit of butter to keep it smooth and shiny.
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- 200g dark chocolate (70%)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (I used crunchy but you can also use smooth)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 punnets of strawberries (or pretzel sticks, marshmallows, cake cubes….)
- In a medium saucepan melt the chocolate over a low heat.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter and butter and stir until warm and combined.
- Pour into serving dishes or a fondue pot and serve with fruit, pretzel sticks – whatever you like!
This dip starts to firm slightly after sitting at room temperature for a long period so it’s best to make this right before serving. A fondue set is a great way to keep the dip warm and smooth, however a quick blast in the microwave will bring it back to a good consistency!
Leave a comment
Happy International Women’s Day everyone! Earlier in the week I had the pleasure of attending an AGDA (Australian Graphic Design Association) event entitled “Pink is the New Blue – Where [...]
What started off as a few tweets between food bloggers on Twitter soon spawned into a burger party at Moo Gourmet Burgers in Newtown with 19 attendees! The power of the [...]
Last week a friend and I hired a professional photographer to shoot images for our graduation portfolios – and boy what a difference does a pro make! I actually squealed [...]
- This is the best I've felt in my life! http://t.co/1a56OKNoqc - posted on 21/04/2014 06:27:20
- Happy Easter everyone! I made psychedelic white choc Easter bark with popping candy and edible… http://t.co/pNPv6P30lU - posted on 20/04/2014 13:35:47
- CUPCAKE #SELFIE thanks Alana @bananaparty - posted on 20/04/2014 12:14:37