Today I made a saucy dessert for this month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop. This is a super easy and quick treat to whip up when you have friends over or to finish off a casual dinner.
One of my favourite treats is strawberries dipped in dark chocolate and I wanted to make a more decadent dipping sauce version. I substituted the normal cream used in a ganache in favour of sweetened condensed milk to give it a fudgey consistency. I added peanut butter for salt and crunch and a bit of butter to keep it smooth and shiny.
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- 200g dark chocolate (70%)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (I used crunchy but you can also use smooth)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 punnets of strawberries (or pretzel sticks, marshmallows, cake cubes….)
- In a medium saucepan melt the chocolate over a low heat.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter and butter and stir until warm and combined.
- Pour into serving dishes or a fondue pot and serve with fruit, pretzel sticks – whatever you like!
This dip starts to firm slightly after sitting at room temperature for a long period so it’s best to make this right before serving. A fondue set is a great way to keep the dip warm and smooth, however a quick blast in the microwave will bring it back to a good consistency!
Leave a comment
I discovered this Coconut Bread recipe by Bill Granger recently via Tara from Vegetaraian. I loved this twist on the normal banana bread I love so dearly but felt Bill’s recipe [...]
When I asked my friend what he wanted me to bake for his birthday he instantly declared pavlova! I must admit I had a bit of “pavlova anxiety”. Having eaten [...]
Hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween and eating lots of treats. I didn’t have time to bake for Halloween this year (sad face) but fortunately my awesome and talented [...]
I love recipes passed down from generation to generation and was recently sent this beautiful old recipe for passionfruit slice by a friend from his Mum. Since most of my [...]
On Sunday I attended the Zine Fair at the Museum of Contemporary Art – a fun afternoon of browsing and purchasing cute handmade zines (and a DIY mobile!) Love this [...]