This month’s SABH is of course Christmas themed – Sweets for Santa! One of my favourite combinations is strawberry and chocolate (as seen here), and I loved the idea of individual brownie cupcakes decorated with strawberries, cream and white chocolate for the perfect Santa treat.
- 190g soft butter
- 190g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 75g chopped hazelnuts (or nut of your choice)
- 75g white chocolate chips
- 12 Strawberries
- 50g white chocolate
- 200ml pouring cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan or in short bursts in the microwave.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before beating in the egg and sugar mixture, and then the nuts, white choc chips and flour.
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ full with mixture and bake for around 20 minutes.
- When it’s ready the top should be dried to a pale brown but the middle still dark and slightly gooey.
- Cut the base off each strawberry so they can sit upright.
- Melt the white chocolate and spoon into a plastic zip lock bag. Snip a small corner off one end of the bag and carefully pipe a dot on the tip of each strawberry. Allow to cool and harden.
- Pipe a dot about the size of a 10cm coin in the middle of each brownie and press a strawberry down on each cupcake. This acts like a tasty glue!
- Beat the cream with electric beaters until firm peaks form. Spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle attached and pipe little stars around the base of each strawberry.
Tada! Little Santa hats!
Leave a comment
I’m known to be a bit of a crazy cat lady and when I saw these images of a black cat audition from the 60s my heart kinda exploded. Images [...]
I’ve tried many a bad chocolate cupcake in my life and went on a sort of quest to perfect my own chocolate cupcake recipe. I think these chocolate cupcakes come [...]
Isn’t this painting of biscuits by Caitlin Shearer divine? I might have to stalk her etsy store and purchase myself one so I can stare at it when I have [...]
- Treated myself to Ottolenghi's Jerusalem cookbook today. Can't wait to try out all these mouth… http://t.co/8X6qi5epxd - posted on 09/03/2014 20:45:33
- My first time to Addison Road Markets and I think I died and went to heaven. I ate amazing food,… http://t.co/KsAbtDjnYA - posted on 09/03/2014 13:16:02
- Me and Mrs Nguyen and my expertly rolled rice paper roll (cough cough) @ Fairfield Museum and Gallery http://t.co/DtcXBoREnu - posted on 08/03/2014 14:24:59