Happy World Nutella Day everyone! Every year on 5 February, Nutella fans around the world celebrate this delicious chocolate hazelnut spread, sharing recipes, photos and more. Hosted by Bleeding Espresso and Ms Adventures in Italy, it’s a fun way to think up new Nutella based recipes and basically just a good excuse to eat more Nutella (than usual).
I wanted to create a delicious and decadent Nutella cheesecake after being requested to bake something “chocolate or cheesecake” for a dinner party. Why not combine both together? I stumbled upon this super easy Nutella Cheesecake recipe from Chocolatesuze a while back and decided to combine it with a hazelnut crunch base, dark chocolate ganache and cover in toasted hazelnuts.
- 250g packet of sweet biscuits, crushed (I used butternut snap biscuits)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 120g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, room temperature
- 100g icing sugar
- ½ cup double cream
- 400g of Nutella
- 115 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup double cream
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Arrange hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast for 10 mins.
- Transfer roasted nuts to a clean tea towel and gently rub off the bitter hazelnut skins.
- Chop hazelnuts as finely as possible, putting 4 tbsp aside for the base and the remaining nuts for the topping.
- In a food processor, finely crush the biscuits. Add coconut and hazelnuts.
- Add in melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a 23cm/9″ round spring form cake tin and put in the fridge to set.
- Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add in the Nutella and double cream, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and return to the fridge to set.
- Bring the cream and butter to boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the ganache over the Nutella cheesecake and sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts over the top.
- Return the cheesecake to the fridge and let set preferably overnight.
- To serve, release the cheesecake from it’s springform pan and serve on a cake stand.
Leave a comment
I love this unique approach to food styling by Evelina Bratell and photographed by Carl Kleiner for IKEA’s new baking book called Hembakat är Bäst (Homemade is Best). Speaking of [...]
The lovely guys at Zinio recently contacted me and offered Love Swah readers the chance to win one of 10 one-year digital magazine subscriptions! So who are Zinio? They are a [...]
I’ve been seeing some amazing travel videos springing up on Vimeo lately and have been bookmarking each to share them with you. They sure are giving me itchy feet to [...]
- Comic Sans gets a minimalist makeover. Hmmm.... http://t.co/dzNGlB5nQr - posted on 15/04/2014 12:10:56
- I've teamed up with @VitasoyAus to bring you a delicious and decadent Choc & Raspberry Vegan Mousse! #spillthebeans http://t.co/8gMwr0SFHT - posted on 15/04/2014 11:50:43
- I CAN'T BELIEVE JOFFREY THREW THINGS AT SIGUR ROS - posted on 14/04/2014 21:20:41