Food, Meringues, Recipes

Pavlova with Cream, Passionfruit and Kiwi

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on StumbleUponGoogle+Email to someoneShare on Yummly

When I asked my friend what he wanted me to bake for his birthday he instantly declared pavlova! I must admit I had a bit of “pavlova anxiety”. Having eaten a fair bit of bad pav in my life – dried out, collapsed or even undercooked (ugh) I wanted to perfect my recipe.

Fortunately this technique is easy and relatively fool-proof and produced the most gorgeous pavlova – crunchy on the outside and soft and marshmallowy on the inside. Success! I wanted to top it with seasonal fruit and picked up some gorgeous passionfruit and kiwis to adorn it with. Combined with a generous dollop of whipped cream it was promptly devoured.

Pavlova with Passionfruit and Kiwi

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 4 egg whites (room temp)
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 3 tsps cornflour
  • 1 tsps white vinegar
  • 250ml thickened cream
  • 1 tbsp icing sugar
  • 2 x kiwifruit
  • 2 x passionfruit
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
  3. Gradually add the sugar, beating well until the mixture is glossy and the sugar has dissolved.
  4. Add the cornflour and vinegar and fold through.
  5. Spoon mixture into a 18-20cm circle. Using a palette knife, shape into a circle with high sides.
  6. Place in the oven, reduce the heat to 120°C and cook for 1 hour.
  7. Then turn the oven off and allow the meringue to completely cool in the oven.
  8. Using an electric mixer, beat cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form.
  9. Gently transfer pavlova to a cake stand. To serve, top with whipped cream and fresh fruit.

You can top it with whatever fruits are in season- berries, figs, cooked apples, or add cocoa powder to the meringue and top with chocolate and cream!

12 Comments

• Reply Tina @ bitemeshowme May 1, 2013 at 10:26 am

Your pav looks so perfect. Mine always goes deformed… Love the height of it. Just beautiful.

• Reply Swah May 8, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I would like to say it’s my advanced pavlova skills but maybe I just got lucky? hehe ;)

• Reply milkteaxx May 1, 2013 at 12:02 pm

very nice looking pavlova! cant wait to try it out at home!

• Reply Swah May 8, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Thank you! Let me know how you go :)

• Reply Alana May 7, 2013 at 11:58 pm

STREWTH M8, SO GREEN AND GOLD! Actually it looks super fresh and delicious. Congrats on overcoming the anxiety and making this very robust (so tall!) pav!

• Reply Swah May 8, 2013 at 12:38 pm

It is indeed very robust, perhaps I am over compensating for my pavlova anxiety?! Thank you Alana!

• Reply The Blonde Tourist May 11, 2013 at 6:24 pm

OMG it looks AH-MAY-ZING! I need to test if this recipe is indeed “fool-proof” cos mine never look like this! ;)

• Reply Swah May 13, 2013 at 9:28 am

Let me know how you go! I am sure yours will come out great :)

• Reply Chocolate Pavlova with Nutella and Strawberries September 17, 2013 at 8:39 pm

[…] can’t beat a classic pavlova with crunchy white clouds of meringue and cream, or can you? How about a chocolate pavlova? With […]

• Reply seasonal produce guide for switzerland: february | savormania February 6, 2015 at 8:03 pm

[…] Love Swah: Pavlova with cream, passion fruit and kiwi […]

• Reply Blueberry and Lilly Pilly Pavlovas June 23, 2015 at 3:44 pm

[…] your favourite pavlova flavour combination? Mine would have to be Passionfruit and Kiwi or Nutella and Strawberry. Decisions […]

• Reply 9 Chic Kiwi Recipes and Crafts - Revel and Glitter September 23, 2016 at 8:13 am

[…] Love Swah’s Pavlova with Cream, Passionfruit and […]