I’m excited to be hosting this month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop for the very first time :) I’ve participated in the challenges over 10 times and love trying to come up with a new concept each month. This month I wanted to set a challenge to create a dessert with a surprise in the middle! From an unexpected cupcake filling to a shape baked into the middle of a cake, this month’s hop is only limited by your imagination.
Need some inspiration? Here is a Red Velvet Surprise Cupcake I made last Valentine’s Day. The hidden Lindt ball in each cupcake was greeted with great enthusiasm!
- Theme: ‘Sweet Surprise’ – desserts with a surprise inside
- Hostess: Swah from the blog Love Swah
- Hop opens: Monday 15 July 2013, 9 am (Australian Eastern Standard Time, Sydney)
- Hop closes: Friday 19 July 2013, 11.59 pm (AEST)
Sweet Adventures Blog Hop, aka SABH, is a monthly dessert link-up. Each month there is a new theme and the hop is open to anyone who blogs recipes. SABH is run by 84th & 3rd, Dining with a Stud, The Capers of the Kitchen Crusader and occasional guest hostesses.
How to participate:
- Make a dessert fitting the announced theme and post your dessert on your blog during the week of the blog hop.
- Visit the hostess’s dessert post when it goes live follow the instructions to link up.
- Hop through all the themed creations to discover new recipes and new blogs!
You may have picked up that there is one more change this month too… We’ve found that those joining later don’t really benefit from everyone seeing their creations, and so for all participants to get the most out of the hop we’ve reduce the length of it just a touch. You can post and link up at any time from Monday to Friday. Remember that only new posts which go live on or after the day the hop opens can be linked up.