I’m stepping up my game in my Microwave Mug Cake series. First we had dark chocolate, then salted caramel… and now S’MORES! For those who don’t know what a S’more is, it consists of marshmallow and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham cracker and roasted over a camp fire into a gooey mess. Heaven.
I am yet to find graham crackers in Australia so feel free to use any sweet biscuit (I used Arrowroot biscuits). I stumbled across a tub of Marshmallow Fluff in a city convenience store a while back and have been waiting to use it in a recipe! If you can’t find it, feel free to stick a few marshmallows on top.
- 2-3 tbsp cookie crumbs (if you can’t find graham crackers use any sweet biscuit)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (or flavourless oil)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted (or flavourless oil)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp marshmallow fluff OR a few marsmallows
- Crush cookies and add 1 tablespoon butter. Microwave for 10 seconds to melt, stir and press into the bottom of your mug.
- In a separate bowl, microwave 3 tablespoons of butter for 10 seconds to melt.
- Add in egg and milk and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and stir with a fork until mixed through.
- Pour chocolate batter into mug on top of the cookie base.
- Top with marshmallow fluff or marshmallows.
- Place mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Finish off the mug cake by toasting the marshmallow topping under the grill or use a blow torch.
I made a mess trying to ensure I had a bit of cookie, chocolate cake and marshmallow in each mouthful but boy was it tasty! (And isn’t making a mess half the fun?!)
Leave a comment
Hello everyone! Apologies for being a bit quiet on the blog front as of late, it is fast approaching end of semester and I am drowning in assignments. All social [...]
Last week a friend and I hired a professional photographer to shoot images for our graduation portfolios – and boy what a difference does a pro make! I actually squealed [...]
Taste of Sydney was held last weekend and it was a delicious, expensive and fun time! After a rocky start (Thursday’s session was washed out after torrential rain), Taste opened [...]
- Candy Cane Chaos in the kitchen - chocolate candy cane cupcakes with reindeer antlers! @ http://t.co/hyJy4XEE5b http://t.co/Rw0hfQp2UY - posted on 08/12/2013 15:05:26
- "I'm going to have a quiet night at home baking". Is currently at RNB club. My hemline is by far the longest at da club. - posted on 07/12/2013 23:26:27
- Impromptu lei party in my kitchen - posted on 07/12/2013 18:14:44