Food, Recipes, Single Serve

Microwave Mug Cakes – #3 S’mores

Share the loveShare on Facebook12Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest334Share on StumbleUpon1Google+0Email to someoneShare on Yummly0

I’m stepping up my game in my Microwave Mug Cake series. First we had dark chocolate, then salted caramel… and now S’MORES! For those who don’t know what a S’more is, it consists of marshmallow and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham cracker and roasted over a camp fire into a gooey mess. Heaven.

I am yet to find graham crackers in Australia so feel free to use any sweet biscuit (I used Arrowroot biscuits). I stumbled across a tub of Marshmallow Fluff in a city convenience store a while back and have been waiting to use it in a recipe! If you can’t find it, feel free to stick a few marshmallows on top.

Microwave Mug Cakes – #3 S'mores
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Serves: 1
  • 2-3 tbsp cookie crumbs (if you can't find graham crackers use any sweet biscuit)
  • 1 tbsp butter, melted (or flavourless oil)
  • 3 tbsp butter, melted (or flavourless oil)
  • 1 egg (lightly beaten)
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 4 tbsp plain flour
  • 3 tbsp caster sugar
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 tbsp marshmallow fluff OR a few marsmallows
  1. Crush cookies and add 1 tablespoon butter. Microwave for 10 seconds to melt, stir and press into the bottom of your mug.
  2. In a separate bowl, microwave 3 tablespoons of butter for 10 seconds to melt.
  3. Add in egg and milk and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
  4. Add dry ingredients and stir with a fork until mixed through.
  5. Pour chocolate batter into mug on top of the cookie base.
  6. Top with marshmallow fluff or marshmallows.
  7. Place mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
  8. Finish off the mug cake by toasting the marshmallow topping under the grill or use a blow torch.
  9. Enjoy!

I made a mess trying to ensure I had a bit of cookie, chocolate cake and marshmallow in each mouthful but boy was it tasty! (And isn’t making a mess half the fun?!)

• Reply milkteaxx August 15, 2013 at 10:16 am

i had to drag myself away from the jar of marshmallow fluff the other day! i would of eaten it straight out of the tub! this microwave cake looks great btw!

• Reply Swah August 15, 2013 at 3:57 pm

I have been known to eat it straight out of the jar too, it pairs perfectly with a spoonful of peanut butter too – salty and sweet!

• Reply Vivian - vxdollface August 15, 2013 at 10:58 am

teehee i approve cause i can make this at work :)

• Reply Swah August 15, 2013 at 3:56 pm

It’s dangerous isn’t it… I can imagine making this when 3.30-itis hits!

• Reply Tina @ bitemeshowme August 15, 2013 at 1:21 pm

oh i love love love this! lovely creation swah! ITS SO SEXY!

• Reply Swah August 15, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Can’t beat the sexiness of marshmallow! God I am craving one right now…

• Reply Amy Arthurs (Oh, My) August 15, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Oh my goodness, girl. *runs out door to buy arrowroot biscuits and marshmallow fluff*

• Reply Zarah August 17, 2013 at 1:09 pm

OHH I love the photography Swah! xx

• Reply Liz @ I Spy Plum Pie August 20, 2013 at 9:31 am

Recipes like these make me very sad we don’t have a microwave at home. Maybe it’s time we replace ours (it exploded about a year ago and we’ve been too lazy to buy a new one!)

• Reply Swah August 23, 2013 at 10:26 am

I definitely think you must buy a new microwave purely for microwave mug cakes! :)

• Reply Lonely Girl Pancakes – A Single Serve Pancake Recipe September 5, 2014 at 9:54 pm

[…] experimented with single-serve dessert before in my Microwave Mug Cake Series so I figured I’d apply the same principles. It’s a pretty flexible recipe, I […]

• Reply Microwave Mug Cakes – #4 Banana – Love Swah – A Sydney food, travel and design blog June 29, 2015 at 10:12 pm

[…] Mug Cake series – banana! First we had dark chocolate, then salted caramel, followed by S’mores. I like to refer to this mug cake as “breakfast in a cup” as it combines two of my […]