This is the last (but certainly not least) addition to my Microwave Mug Cake series – banana! First we had dark chocolate, then salted caramel, followed by S’mores. I like to refer to this mug cake as “breakfast in a cup” as it combines two of my favourite breakfast items – banana bread and coffee! But I guarantee you will want to eat this any time of day.
The banana ensures this cake is super moist and dense, and it’s literally like eating a hybrid banana bread-pudding in a mug! I was about to say it’s a healthier version than cafe-bought banana bread due to the relatively low amounts of butter/sugar/flour, but then I remembered I covered it in ice cream. Sorry.
**Make sure you use a large mug or the mixture can overflow!**
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (or flavourless oil)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop of coffee ice cream to serve
- Put butter into mug and microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
- Add in egg and milk and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Add mashed banana into the mug and continue stirring with you fork until mixed through.
- Finally, add dry ingredients into the mug and beat with your fork until combined.
- Place mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- The pudding should be risen and still slightly gooey in the middle. If still undercooked for your liking, cook it further in 10 second bursts in the microwave.
- Serve with a generous scoop of coffee ice cream.
I hope you enjoyed my Microwave Mug Cakes series! Are there any other series of baked treats you would like me to trial?
Leave a comment
It was my birthday last week and I have been celebrating ever since! Amazing family, friends, food and (too many) drinks really made this a special one. And I love [...]
Loving this year’s colour as chosen by Pantone – Tangerine Tango! I am usually hesitant to wear/design with/buy orange but this softer hue is more of a coral (one of my new [...]
Happy Halloween everyone! I am currently in New Orleans, so I have the wonderful Erika Rax posting a delicious-looking and suitably-themed recipe for you all! *** Hey Love Swah-ers! Swah has [...]
- I don't care what cheese purists say, Kraft Singles are amazing. - posted on 16/04/2014 19:47:25
- Comic Sans gets a minimalist makeover. Hmmm.... http://t.co/dzNGlB5nQr - posted on 15/04/2014 12:10:56
- I've teamed up with @VitasoyAus to bring you a delicious and decadent Choc & Raspberry Vegan Mousse! #spillthebeans http://t.co/8gMwr0SFHT - posted on 15/04/2014 11:50:43