This is the last (but certainly not least) addition to my Microwave Mug Cake series – banana! First we had dark chocolate, then salted caramel, followed by S’mores. I like to refer to this mug cake as “breakfast in a cup” as it combines two of my favourite breakfast items – banana bread and coffee! But I guarantee you will want to eat this any time of day.
The banana ensures this cake is super moist and dense, and it’s literally like eating a hybrid banana bread-pudding in a mug! I was about to say it’s a healthier version than cafe-bought banana bread due to the relatively low amounts of butter/sugar/flour, but then I remembered I covered it in ice cream. Sorry.
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (or flavourless oil)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop of coffee ice cream to serve
- Put butter into mug and microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
- Add in egg and milk and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Add mashed banana into the mug and continue stirring with you fork until mixed through.
- Finally, add dry ingredients into the mug and beat with your fork until combined.
- Place mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- The pudding should be risen and still slightly gooey in the middle. If still undercooked for your liking, cook it further in 10 second bursts in the microwave.
- Serve with a generous scoop of coffee ice cream.
I hope you enjoyed my Microwave Mug Cakes series! Are there any other series of baked treats you would like me to trial?
Leave a comment
Hey guys! I got a huge response from readers from a new gluten and dairy-free Nutella recipe I shared on Instagram and Facebook (recipe up next week) and it got [...]
Sorry things have been a bit quiet in Swah-land lately. I have been incredibly busy with assignments and freelance work, and then my blog was hacked right before a holiday. [...]
What started off as a few tweets between food bloggers on Twitter soon spawned into a burger party at Moo Gourmet Burgers in Newtown with 19 attendees! The power of the [...]
- My letterpressed blog logo done at a fun night with @erikarax at The Distillery! @ The Distillery… http://t.co/c6bCxhxNwG - posted on 06/12/2013 21:56:36
- I have the song Bubble Butt in my head & can only remember the words "Bubble Butt. Bubble bubble bubble butt" so soz to those I sing it to. - posted on 06/12/2013 16:41:20
- PETA's new tactic - fat shaming =/ http://t.co/po4YMgW295 - posted on 06/12/2013 10:50:00