This is the last (but certainly not least) addition to my Microwave Mug Cake series – banana! First we had dark chocolate, then salted caramel, followed by S’mores. I like to refer to this mug cake as “breakfast in a cup” as it combines two of my favourite breakfast items – banana bread and coffee! But I guarantee you will want to eat this any time of day.
The banana ensures this cake is super moist and dense, and it’s literally like eating a hybrid banana bread-pudding in a mug! I was about to say it’s a healthier version than cafe-bought banana bread due to the relatively low amounts of butter/sugar/flour, but then I remembered I covered it in ice cream. Sorry.
**Make sure you use a large mug or the mixture can overflow!**
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (or flavourless oil)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop of coffee ice cream to serve
- Put butter into mug and microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
- Add in egg and milk and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Add mashed banana into the mug and continue stirring with you fork until mixed through.
- Finally, add dry ingredients into the mug and beat with your fork until combined.
- Place mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- The pudding should be risen and still slightly gooey in the middle. If still undercooked for your liking, cook it further in 10 second bursts in the microwave.
- Serve with a generous scoop of coffee ice cream.
I hope you enjoyed my Microwave Mug Cakes series! Are there any other series of baked treats you would like me to trial?
Leave a comment
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful and chocolate-filled Easter break! My addiction to cookie cutters is getting worse and after stumbling upon some bunny shaped ones in a variety [...]
Firstly before you think that this is makeup FOR cats, fear not. It is merely a new cat-themed collection of makeup by French brand Paul & Joe. Brilliant! And the [...]
You can’t beat a classic pavlova with crunchy white clouds of meringue and cream, or can you? How about a chocolate pavlova? With Nutella? Now we’re talking! I made this a [...]
- Meat, booze and cinema. I'm in heaven. @ Golden Age Cinema & Bar http://t.co/lFLR6G3xqO - posted on 07/03/2014 18:30:40
- Balmain I love you (not your buses though) http://t.co/vtpTOMfRtD - posted on 06/03/2014 20:12:23
- I love presents! Thank you KitchenAid, I can't wait to whip up some cookies on the weekend… http://t.co/SlUfBgSrru - posted on 06/03/2014 11:42:46