Happy Halloween everyone! I am currently in New Orleans, so I have the wonderful Erika Rax posting a delicious-looking and suitably-themed recipe for you all!
Hey Love Swah-ers! Swah has asked me to distract you guys from the fact that she is off galavanting in the US without us by sharing a sweet recipe. So I’ve brought you doughnut holes. The best thing about these is that they are baked, making it logistically possible for those of us who are too afraid to buy a deep fryer for fear of what we will turn into. I promise they still hit every spot and the rich orange chocolate ganache makes for the perfect accompaniment.
- 1½ cups Plain Flour
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 125g (½ cup) Butter, softened and diced
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Milk
- 70g Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ cup Thickened Cream
- Rind from ½ Orange
- Small Squeeze of Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make doughnut holes, beat all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a cake pop tin (or a rounded patty cake pan) and bake for 12-15 mins until golden.
- Cool in tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (unless you’re having them warm which I encourage)
- To make ganache, melt all ingredients in a bain marie over low heat until smooth.
I will make sure to eat LOTS of doughnuts in honour of this post!
Leave a comment
When you are packing for a big overseas adventure, shoes are generally something packed last minute and given little thought. But I am sure a week into your trip when [...]
I love nothing more than a relaxing and uplifting cup of English Breakfast tea during the day and a cup of SleepyTime tea before bed. And packaging for tea has [...]
St Patrick’s Day is on Sunday and it’s always a good excuse to add booze to desserts! I added Guinness beer to the batter of the dark chocolate cake, giving [...]
- Goddamn, @bananaparty just cooked cooksuck and I bone marrow, garlic bread and a pleb salad. I'm… http://t.co/vfRCOJ7DCj - posted on 19/04/2014 16:13:35
- Celebrating Good Friday with steak - posted on 18/04/2014 20:19:31
- Ugh my blog is down AGAIN and I need to reference a recipe from it. Thank god I have a copy of my… http://t.co/QqErVIiaOd - posted on 17/04/2014 18:42:17