Happy Halloween everyone! I am currently in New Orleans, so I have the wonderful Erika Rax posting a delicious-looking and suitably-themed recipe for you all!
Hey Love Swah-ers! Swah has asked me to distract you guys from the fact that she is off galavanting in the US without us by sharing a sweet recipe. So I’ve brought you doughnut holes. The best thing about these is that they are baked, making it logistically possible for those of us who are too afraid to buy a deep fryer for fear of what we will turn into. I promise they still hit every spot and the rich orange chocolate ganache makes for the perfect accompaniment.
- 1½ cups Plain Flour
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 125g (½ cup) Butter, softened and diced
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Milk
- 70g Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ cup Thickened Cream
- Rind from ½ Orange
- Small Squeeze of Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make doughnut holes, beat all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a cake pop tin (or a rounded patty cake pan) and bake for 12-15 mins until golden.
- Cool in tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (unless you’re having them warm which I encourage)
- To make ganache, melt all ingredients in a bain marie over low heat until smooth.
I will make sure to eat LOTS of doughnuts in honour of this post!
Leave a comment
Edit: Thanks to my lovely readers I have now sourced some locations to buy authentic Dulce de Leche in Australia. Firstly online from Mi Casa Fine Foods, or at a store [...]
This month’s theme on SABH is Cake & Three Veg. I toyed with the idea of a chocolate-beetroot cake or a chocolate and avocado mousse but after eying off the lonely [...]
Ah the humble choc chip cookie. So popular, yet often done so badly. This recipe I use is the best one I have found – the high ratio of brown [...]
- Treated myself to Ottolenghi's Jerusalem cookbook today. Can't wait to try out all these mouth… http://t.co/8X6qi5epxd - posted on 09/03/2014 20:45:33
- My first time to Addison Road Markets and I think I died and went to heaven. I ate amazing food,… http://t.co/KsAbtDjnYA - posted on 09/03/2014 13:16:02
- Me and Mrs Nguyen and my expertly rolled rice paper roll (cough cough) @ Fairfield Museum and Gallery http://t.co/DtcXBoREnu - posted on 08/03/2014 14:24:59