Happy Halloween everyone! I am currently in New Orleans, so I have the wonderful Erika Rax posting a delicious-looking and suitably-themed recipe for you all!
Hey Love Swah-ers! Swah has asked me to distract you guys from the fact that she is off galavanting in the US without us by sharing a sweet recipe. So I’ve brought you doughnut holes. The best thing about these is that they are baked, making it logistically possible for those of us who are too afraid to buy a deep fryer for fear of what we will turn into. I promise they still hit every spot and the rich orange chocolate ganache makes for the perfect accompaniment.
- 1½ cups Plain Flour
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 125g (½ cup) Butter, softened and diced
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Milk
- 70g Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ cup Thickened Cream
- Rind from ½ Orange
- Small Squeeze of Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make doughnut holes, beat all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a cake pop tin (or a rounded patty cake pan) and bake for 12-15 mins until golden.
- Cool in tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (unless you’re having them warm which I encourage)
- To make ganache, melt all ingredients in a bain marie over low heat until smooth.
I will make sure to eat LOTS of doughnuts in honour of this post!
Leave a comment
What a busy month! It involved pretty skies, hair cuts, couches, and of course a lot of FOOD. ♥ Tapas Cooking Class at Mumu Grill I recently attended a tapas class [...]
Wow, it’s hard to imagine that this time last year I was in Europe freezing my butt off and finally getting to experience a White Christmas! As an Australian, Christmas [...]
I love nothing more than a relaxing and uplifting cup of English Breakfast tea during the day and a cup of SleepyTime tea before bed. And packaging for tea has [...]
- Candy Cane Chaos in the kitchen - chocolate candy cane cupcakes with reindeer antlers! @ http://t.co/hyJy4XEE5b http://t.co/Rw0hfQp2UY - posted on 08/12/2013 15:05:26
- "I'm going to have a quiet night at home baking". Is currently at RNB club. My hemline is by far the longest at da club. - posted on 07/12/2013 23:26:27
- Impromptu lei party in my kitchen - posted on 07/12/2013 18:14:44