Hey guys! Here is another protein ball recipe to complement last week’s Raw Cashew and Coconut recipe. Inspired by the lovely Tina from Bite Me Show Me, I tweaked this recipe to suit what ingredients I had in the cupboard. The rich chocolate and peanut butter flavour makes this a decadent-tasting ball, but they are still only 123 calories each!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup protein powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 10-12 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup oats
- Add ingredients into food processor and blitz until combined.
- If the mixture still remains crumbly, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it comes together.
- For easy portioning, use an icecream scoop to create 6 large balls, then halve each and roll into 12 little balls.
- I store mine in zip locks bags in groups of 4, putting half in the freezer and keeping half in the fridge.
I have a stash of these at home and at work, they are perfect for a snack and are a more sensible choice than a chocolate bar or packet of crisps. I’m thinking of adding coffee powder to them next time for an extra boost before a workout.
Leave a comment
It’s February and I am getting excited about that special day looming in the near future. No I’m not talking about Valentine’s Day, or ever Chinese New Year. I am [...]
Sorry things have been a bit quiet in Swah-land lately. I have been incredibly busy with assignments and freelance work, and then my blog was hacked right before a holiday. [...]
I just stumbled across this beautiful infographic on typography recently and had to share. I wish I could properly credit the designer but all I can find out is that [...]
- Happy Easter everyone! I made psychedelic white choc Easter bark with popping candy and edible… http://t.co/pNPv6P30lU - posted on 20/04/2014 13:35:47
- CUPCAKE #SELFIE thanks Alana @bananaparty - posted on 20/04/2014 12:14:37
- Goddamn, @bananaparty just cooked cooksuck and I bone marrow, garlic bread and a pleb salad. I'm… http://t.co/vfRCOJ7DCj - posted on 19/04/2014 16:13:35