Hey guys! Here is another protein ball recipe to complement last week’s Raw Cashew and Coconut recipe. Inspired by the lovely Tina from Bite Me Show Me, I tweaked this recipe to suit what ingredients I had in the cupboard. The rich chocolate and peanut butter flavour makes this a decadent-tasting ball, but they are still only 123 calories each!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup protein powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 10-12 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup oats
- Add ingredients into food processor and blitz until combined.
- If the mixture still remains crumbly, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it comes together.
- For easy portioning, use an icecream scoop to create 6 large balls, then halve each and roll into 12 little balls.
- I store mine in zip locks bags in groups of 4, putting half in the freezer and keeping half in the fridge.
I have a stash of these at home and at work, they are perfect for a snack and are a more sensible choice than a chocolate bar or packet of crisps. I’m thinking of adding coffee powder to them next time for an extra boost before a workout.
Leave a comment
What a busy month! It involved pretty skies, hair cuts, couches, and of course a lot of FOOD. ♥ Tapas Cooking Class at Mumu Grill I recently attended a tapas class [...]
I love this gingerbread recipe and bake it regularly. It’s not dry like most gingerbread I have tried and is incredibly moreish. Don’t be afraid to steer away from the [...]
A lovely friend recently introduced me to the credit-card draining website Beautiful Spaces. A lot of ooohing and aaaahing soon commenced and I honestly don’t know where to start! So [...]
- Hooray I've found super cheap and cheerful Vietnamese food in Balmain! I feel I'll be coming here a… http://t.co/zWP9fcFTar - posted on 22/04/2014 19:18:48
- The final instalment from my amazing @tasmania trip is now live, feat Swansea & Richmond. Enjoy! #discovertasmania http://t.co/ft1bohnBLh - posted on 22/04/2014 16:33:50
- Trying to decide where to travel this year. Have narrowed it down to Morocco, Base Camp, Malaysia, NY, China, Hawaii, Paris & Mexico. Hmmm.. - posted on 21/04/2014 21:41:06