What’s your most hated household chore? Mine has got to be cleaning the oven. It always falls to the bottom of my priority list and I never get around to it until my oven is belching black smoke everywhere. Then there’s the inevitable lengthy process of scraping off the blackened grease whilst inhaling potent chemicals, followed by letting the oven air out and worrying over when it was “safe” to actually cook in it again.
I was recently approached by the guys at Oven Express for a complimentary oven clean that was safe, clean and green. With my oven approaching 2 years without a proper clean (and it gets a good workout producing all those baked treats!) I jumped at the chance.
My Oven Express rep turned up promptly at our agreed upon time and he soon laid out his workspace as I peered curiously over the couch.
What I had done:
* Removal and cleaning of oven door, racks and side rack holders using premium quality, eco-friendly and non-toxic oven cleaner agents
* Complete clean of the control knobs, door and side panelling – prime areas where fat, oil and other leftovers have accumulated
* Deep cleaning in the Oven Express van of oven racks, base and steel rack holders
As I was sitting only a few metres away watching/spying, I was impressed with how non-toxic the fumes of the cleaning products were. My technician was quick and efficient and the whole process took just over an hour.
And my result? A sparkling clean oven, good as new!
I had an initial panic after my technician had left as I didn’t confirm how long to leave between cleaning the oven and cooking – and I had a cake to bake ASAP! I turned the oven on high, opened the oven door (and my balcony doors) and tried to “air it out”. However after 10 minutes I realised there was literally no residual scum, fumes or cleaning products left and it was good to go immediately. So I baked.
Leave a comment
I discovered this Coconut Bread recipe by Bill Granger recently via Tara from Vegetaraian. I loved this twist on the normal banana bread I love so dearly but felt Bill’s recipe [...]
Last year I posted about receiving 2 jars of delicious Dulce de Leche (or in Portuguese Doce de Leite) from my cousin who had just returned from South America. Unsurprisingly the jars were finished [...]
I wanted to create a dessert that echoed the beloved cookies and cream flavour combination and with this month’s Sweet Adventure’s Blog Hop being cheese-themed, I knew a cookies ‘n’ cream cheesecake [...]
- Happy Easter everyone! I made psychedelic white choc Easter bark with popping candy and edible… http://t.co/pNPv6P30lU - posted on 20/04/2014 13:35:47
- CUPCAKE #SELFIE thanks Alana @bananaparty - posted on 20/04/2014 12:14:37
- Goddamn, @bananaparty just cooked cooksuck and I bone marrow, garlic bread and a pleb salad. I'm… http://t.co/vfRCOJ7DCj - posted on 19/04/2014 16:13:35