There is nothing better than a freshly baked piece of banana bread. Or is there? How about we stuff the banana bread full of choc chips and then drizzle it in a decadent chocolate ganache?
This is Next Level Banana Bread.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup milk (room temp)
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 115g dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup double cream
- 1 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line two 9 x 19cm loaf pans.
- Place the flour, dark choc chips, sugar, coconut and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Combine the banana, milk, butter and eggs in a medium bowl. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture evenly among prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Bring the cream and butter to boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the ganache over the banana bread. It will set as it cools.
I originally created this recipe for Cook Suck as a transformation from this monstrosity that someone proudly uploaded to Facebook. I think my version is a little more appetising, yes?