This is the perfect recipe to make when you want an easy and quick dessert. Or if a vegan or dairy/gluten-intolerant friend drops by for dinner. Or if you’re feeling hot and bothered and don’t want to turn the oven on for a sugar fix. Or even if you’ve got a few too many overripe mangoes hanging around!
This ice cream probably sounds too good to be true, but I would never lie to you. It requires no dairy, nor an ice cream machine. The simple magic of blitzing frozen mango chunks in the food processor until smooth and creamy is what creates this delicious and allergy-friendly dessert!
I had leftover strawberries floating around the freezer, and the 2 ingredient mango and strawberry ice cream was born. Feel free to throw in any fruit you desire.
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into chunks and frozen
- A small handful of strawberries, hulled and frozen (or a fruit of your choice)
- Place the frozen mango chunks into a food processor with a metal blade.
- Blitz the mango for around 3-5 minutes, or until the mango becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add in the frozen strawberries and continue blitzing until everything is combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer-proof sealed container and allow to firm up in the freezer for around 30 mins.
- Scoop and serve! I served mine in mini ice cream cones with extra chopped strawberries on top.
Stay tuned for a magic banana ice cream recipe coming soon!
What’s your favourite ice cream to make at home?