These magical peanut butter cookies not only have just 4 ingredients, but they’re completely gluten free! Yep that’s right, no flour at all. I added white choc chips to mine for some added texture and flavour, but you could add dark chocolate, nuts or whatever your heart desires.
These cookies only take 5 minutes to make, and the hardest part is waiting for them to bake and cool. But patience is a virtue, and you will be soon rewarded handsomely for your minimal efforts!
As these cookies have no flour in them, they are very delicate as they cool down. Wait around 5 minutes after they come out of the oven before transferring them to the wire wrack to completely cool.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar (I like using a mix of half brown and half white sugar)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ½ cup white choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter, sugar and egg until combined.
- Stir in the white choc chips until distributed evenly.
- Dollop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto lined baking trays and gently flatten each ball with your (clean) hand.
- Bake until cookies are slightly golden around the edges, around 10-12 minutes.
- Let them cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes until you transfer to a wire rack as these cookies are delicate while they're hot.
These cookies are so incredibly peanut buttery and rich and are best washed down with a glass of milk. And I dare you to try and stop at just one – they are addictive!
What are your favourite cookies to bake?