Brownie Cupcakes with Strawberry Santa Hats
- 190g soft butter
- 190g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 75g chopped hazelnuts (or nut of your choice)
- 75g white chocolate chips
- 12 Strawberries
- 50g white chocolate
- 200ml pouring cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan or in short bursts in the microwave.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before beating in the egg and sugar mixture, and then the nuts, white choc chips and flour.
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ full with mixture and bake for around 20 minutes.
- When it’s ready the top should be dried to a pale brown but the middle still dark and slightly gooey.
- Cut the base off each strawberry so they can sit upright.
- Melt the white chocolate and spoon into a plastic zip lock bag. Snip a small corner off one end of the bag and carefully pipe a dot on the tip of each strawberry. Allow to cool and harden.
- Pipe a dot about the size of a 10cm coin in the middle of each brownie and press a strawberry down on each cupcake. This acts like a tasty glue!
- Beat the cream with electric beaters until firm peaks form. Spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle attached and pipe little stars around the base of each strawberry.
Recipe by Love Swah - A Sydney food, travel and design blog at http://loveswah.com/2012/12/brownie-cupcakes-with-strawberry-santa-hats/