- 250g packet of sweet biscuits, crushed (I used butternut snap biscuits)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 120g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, room temperature
- 100g icing sugar
- ½ cup double cream
- 400g of Nutella
- 115 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup double cream
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Arrange hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast for 10 mins.
- Transfer roasted nuts to a clean tea towel and gently rub off the bitter hazelnut skins.
- Chop hazelnuts as finely as possible, putting 4 tbsp aside for the base and the remaining nuts for the topping.
- In a food processor, finely crush the biscuits. Add coconut and hazelnuts.
- Add in melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a 23cm/9″ round spring form cake tin and put in the fridge to set.
- Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add in the Nutella and double cream, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and return to the fridge to set.
- Bring the cream and butter to boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the ganache over the Nutella cheesecake and sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts over the top.
- Return the cheesecake to the fridge and let set preferably overnight.
- To serve, release the cheesecake from it's springform pan and serve on a cake stand.
Recipe by Love Swah - A Sydney food, travel and design blog at http://loveswah.com/2013/02/nutella-cheesecake/