Happy World Nutella Day everyone! February 5th is the day the internet likes to celebrate this amazing spread. Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso declare today a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.
I am obviously a BIG fan of Nutella and love using it in my recipes whenever possible – for example my Butter Cookies with Nutella, Chocolate Pavlova with Nutella and Strawberries, Nutella Cheesecake, Ferrero Rocher Cake with Nutella Buttercream… ok ok I guess you get the point. I’m a big fan of Nutella.
I wanted to create a Nutella version of my Dark Chocolate Fudge recipe and make it a little more grownup with roasted hazelnuts and sea salt to counteract the sweetness. And the result? Smooth and creamy rich fudge, with a satisfying crunch from the hazelnuts and a hint of saltiness – I can’t even deal with how deliciously addictive this stuff is. My work devoured the entire container in a day (as I couldn’t have it hanging around at home!)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 225g dark chocolate
- 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Nutella
- ¾ cup toasted hazelnuts
- Sea salt, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Arrange hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast for 10 mins.
- Transfer roasted nuts to a clean tea towel and gently rub off the bitter hazelnut skins.
- Roughly chop hazelnuts, put aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over a low heat, melt butter and dark chocolate until melted and glossy.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk and then the Nutella, stirring vigorously to combine (it will thicken quite a bit).
- Finally add in the chopped hazelnuts and stir until distributed throughout.
- Pour fudge into a 20cm square lined baking tray. Sprinkle over sea salt. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and ENJOY!