I feel like the only thing better than hot chocolate is boozy hot chocolate. I made a rather impressive Chai Hot Chocolate drink recently and managed to make it even tastier with the addition of Kahlua and Frangelico!
This boozy hot chocolate is the perfect treat to cap off to a delicious meal, and you can make it in under 3 minutes. And I’m sure you know how much I love my Single Serve Recipes!
Boozy Hot Chocolate
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp icing sugar depending on how sweet you like it
- 20 g good quality dark chocolate chopped finely
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp Kahlua
- 1 tsp Frangelico
- Add cocoa powder and icing sugar to 250ml of milk and microwave on medium high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in finely chopped dark chocolate, Kahlua and Frangelico and stir until combined.
- Top with an extra dusting of hot chocolate mix, or add some whipped cream for a more indulgent twist.
It’s easy to adapt this to a summer drink too, simply add a tablespoon of boiling water to your cup, stir in the cocoa power and icing sugar, fill with cold water and top with iced cubes. Then add your liqueurs and chopped dark chocolate and voila! The perfect afternoon indulgence.