Today is a very important day. It is World Nutella Day, an homage to my favourite spread! Thanks to Ms Adventures in Italy and Bleeding Espresso, every year we celebrate this delightful treat and I incorporate it into a new and delicious recipe.
Want to give any of these Nutella recipes a go? Head along to this link and prepare yourself for Nutella Nirvana.
And so what have I decided to create this year? Nutella donuts of course. This donut recipe is almost embarrassingly easy to make, it only has 3 ingredients!
There is something magical about using Nutella when you bake, as it takes on the role of fat, moisture and flavour so you don’t have to add the standard ingredients of butter, milk or cocoa powder. You literally mix the Nutella with some eggs and a tiny bit of flour and voila. Nutella donuts within minutes!
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- Extra Nutella to ice the donuts
- Preheat oven to 160°C and grease your donut pan with flavourless oil OR turn on your donut maker (you won't need any oil if you use the latter).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Nutella, eggs and plain together until mixed thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to a medium zip lock bag and cut the corner tip cut off. Pipe the mixture into the donut pans until each is approximately ⅔ full.
- If using a donut pan, bake in the oven for around 10 minutes until they spring back when pressed. If using a mini donut maker, bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool completely before icing with extra Nutella
I find some baked donuts can taste a little dry and “cakey”, but the Nutella ensures these babies stay moist, dense and rich. This is definitely my new favourite donut recipe.
Because there is no such thing as too much Nutella, I also iced the donuts with extra Nutella. And now I am scheming up more Nutella recipes… Stay tuned!