It’s no secret I love single serve recipes partially due to my lack of self control, and it seems you guys love them too considering the current most popular recipe on the blog is my Single Serve Lonely Girl Pancakes!
I’ve been meaning to try a single serve chocolate chip cookie for aaaaages, and as luck would have it, my local Target were selling mini skillet pans! If you don’t have a skillet pan, you can still make this recipe on a baking tray. I just like the presentation and easy transportation of the skillet idea.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make (it takes 5 mins to prep, tops) and the hardest part of it is waiting for the cookie to bake! And then cool slightly (important, I may have accidentally burnt the roof of my mouth!
You can easily customise this recipe to suit your tastebuds – swap the dark chocolate chips for milk chocolate chunks, M&M’s… you name it!
If you want to take this skillet cookie to the next level, perhaps top it with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of melted dark chocolate. Personally I think it tastes simply divine on its own!
And keep your eyes peeled for another single serve skillet cookie recipe.. this one may or may not feature Nutella and peanut butter ;)
Single Serve Choc Chip Skillet Cookie
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 12.5cm/5" cast iron skillet with some butter or non-stick spray.
- Combine the softened butter and sugars in a small bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the yolk and vanilla and keep stirring until integrated.
- Finally add in the dry ingredients and choc chips, and stir until just combined (don't overwork the mixture or it can become tough).
- Press the mixture evenly into the skillet and bake for 12-14 minutes, until the cookie is golden brown.
Have you ever made a skillet cookie before? What’s your favourite flavour to make?