I LOVE homemade Christmas presents – they’re useful, thoughtful and cheap to make! I’ve got 3 easy peasy recipes you can whip up for your friends and family as gifts, coming to the blog over the next few weeks.
My first homemade Christmas gift is for this delicious spiced hot chocolate mix. Pack it in a nice mug or jar with a secure lid, add in some marshmallows and the lucky recipient will be ready to create delicious drinks within a minute!
- 1 cup icing/powdered sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- Sift all ingredients into a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Divide the hot chocolate mix between 2 mason jars.
- Fill the rest of the jar with marshmallows.
- Tie a bow around the jar and voila!
Make a little how-to guide for the recipient – I’ve included directions for both hot and iced chocolate so both hemispheres can enjoy!
- To make hot chocolate, add 1 heaped tablespoon of the mix to 250ml of milk (or non-dairy substitute) and microwave on medium high for 1-2 minutes.
- To make iced chocolate, mix 1 tablespoon of hot chocolate mix with a few tablespoons of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add mix to 250ml of chilled milk and top with ice.
If you’re feeling extra fancy, why not put a hot chocolate gift pack together? In addition to the spiced hot chocolate mix and marshmallows, add in a gorgeous mug to serve it in (get a vintage one from the op shop if you’re on a budget), make your own chocolate spoons like these gorgeous ones below from A Beautiful Mess and you’ve got a delicious and easy present!
Need more Christmas baking inspiration now? Check out my other festive dessert recipes and stay tuned for homemade salted caramel sauce and candy cane white chocolate fudge coming soon!
Are you a fan of homemade Christmas presents? What are you baking this year?