If I need to whip up dessert quickly and I am lacking in time or energy, I often make these tarts. They only have 4 ingredients and you can alter the recipe to suit your tastes or what you have in the kitchen! How about white chocolate ganache tarts with blueberries? Or milk chocolate ganache tarts with orange segments poached in liqueur?
One of my favourite flavour combinations is dark chocolate and strawberries, it never fails to taste amazing and it’s not *too* sweet which suits my palate just fine.
I shared this recipe last year on Dancing Through Sunday and make these babies all the time now. Most recently I made them for a dinner party, so I topped them with a little icing sugar and edible flowers right before serving. They looked impressive and no one will know how simple they were to make!
Easy Dark Chocolate Ganache Tarts with Strawberries
- 1 packet of 6 store bought tart shells
- 100 ml thickened cream
- 100 g good quality dark chocolate chopped
- A handful of strawberries
- Icing sugar and edible flowers to decorate optional
- Heat the cream up into the microwave until warm (not boiling) and then add finely chopped chocolate, stirring until melted and combined.
- Place tart shells on a tray and pour the dark chocolate ganache into each shell until just full (don’t overfill these babies or your strawberries will go everywhere!)
- Place the tray in the fridge for the chocolate ganache to set, around an hour.
- Chop the strawberries finely and top each tart with them, followed by a light sprinkle of icing sugar and a little edible flower if you so desire.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I’m not going to lie, I generally prefer to make my own tart shells, but when time is of the essence, I really like to buy these pre-made ones. And once you fill them with a decadent dark chocolate ganache filling, no one knows the difference!
What’s your favourite dessert shortcut?