What’s better than a richly dark chocolate cake that you can whip up in the microwave in a matter of minutes? How about one filled with a melted, gooey Cadbury Creme Egg? This mug cake is the perfect decadent treat to celebrate Easter!
The Cadbury Creme Egg has to be one of the most popular Easter treats around, and consists of a milk chocolate egg filled with white and yellow fondant filling. I personally find it a little too sickly sweet on its own, but I love adding it to desserts such as brownies, or in this case, it makes the perfect mug cake filling! For this recipe, I stuck a whole Creme Egg in the centre of the mug cake, and then topped it with an extra half egg partly for decoration, partly for extra creaminess.
Microwave Mug Cakes always feature heavily in my most popular recipes, and I received several emails asking if I was going to create any Easter themed ones. Ask and you shall receive! And I have another tasty Easter microwave mug cake coming soon, so stay tuned.
Cadbury Creme Egg Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp butter melted (or flavourless oil)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Put butter into mug and microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
- Add in egg and milk and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Add dry ingredients into mug and beat with your fork until mixed through.
- Press a whole Cadbury Creme egg into the middle of the batter. Top with 1/2 another Creme Egg for extra gooeyness.
- Place mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- The pudding should be risen and still slightly molten in the middle. If still undercooked for your liking, cook it further in 10 second bursts in the microwave.
I always cook my mug cakes to the point where they are just gooey in the middle, so it’s almost like a chocolate fondant, and combined with the melted innards of the Creme Egg, this is truly an indulgent dessert for one!
Happy baking everyone, and don’t forget to check out more Easter recipes here!