For the ultimate breakfast, look no further than my Golden Milk Chia Puddings! Inspired by the popular Turmeric Latte, these babies are incredibly easy to whip up and make a quick and tasty start to the day. The hero ingredient has to be turmeric, currently a popular superfood popping up in cafes, restaurants and supermarkets around the world. Famous for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties, studies have proven that curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) can help bring down swelling in cells, purify the blood and help conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. I’ve been added it lately to my curries, tea and now breakfast!
The chia seeds are magical in this recipe and soak up all the flavoured milk to expand and set, producing a pudding-like consistency. All you need is soy milk (or milk of your choice), chia seeds, turmeric, some spices and a dash of maple syrup. Then top with whatever fruit you like – I used dragonfruit, strawberry and toasted coconut flakes on mine!
Golden Milk Chia Pudding
- 2 cups soy milk coconut and almond milk work well too
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- Fruit and toasted coconut to decorate
- In a saucepan add your milk, turmeric, cinnamon and ginger powder and maple syrup and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down.
- Add in the chia seeds and mix well.
- Pour into two servings bowls cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with whatever you like! I used sliced strawberries, dragonfruit and toasted coconut.
These chia puddings are a quick and tasty way to get more plant based foods into your diet, and currently my breakfast obsession! I love making a big batch on Sunday night and pouring them into individual serving bowls, then I have breakfast sorted for the week.
Are you loving the turmeric trend as well?