Happy Halloween everyone! I am currently in New Orleans, so I have the wonderful Erika Rax posting a delicious-looking and suitably-themed recipe for you all!
Hey Love Swah-ers! Swah has asked me to distract you guys from the fact that she is off galavanting in the US without us by sharing a sweet recipe. So I’ve brought you doughnut holes. The best thing about these is that they are baked, making it logistically possible for those of us who are too afraid to buy a deep fryer for fear of what we will turn into. I promise they still hit every spot and the rich orange chocolate ganache makes for the perfect accompaniment.
- 1½ cups Plain Flour
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 125 g ½ cup Butter, softened and diced
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
Jaffa Ganache Ingredients
- 70 g Dark Chocolate
- 1/3 cup Thickened Cream
- Rind from ½ Orange
- Small Squeeze of Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make doughnut holes, beat all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a cake pop tin (or a rounded patty cake pan) and bake for 12-15 mins until golden.
- Cool in tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (unless you're having them warm which I encourage)
- To make ganache, melt all ingredients in a bain marie over low heat until smooth.
I will make sure to eat LOTS of doughnuts in honour of this post!
I saw you ate a beignet just today so it would seem your resolution is well on the way. Thank you for having me over here :)
Thank you so much for guest posting! I ate LOTS of donuts while I was away… my poor thighs
These are so cute and I absolutely love the idea of jaffa ganache – genius!
Erika is certainly a genius!
the photos are making me hungryyyyyyyy!
Me too Tina, me too! Sob.
aww these are adorable!
Aren’t they perfect? She’s so talented!
These look so great – That Ms Rax knows what she’s doing!
She sure does Sarah, she’s amazing!