This month’s SABH is of course Christmas themed – Sweets for Santa! One of my favourite combinations is strawberry and chocolate (as seen here), and I loved the idea of individual brownie cupcakes decorated with strawberries, cream and white chocolate for the perfect Santa treat.
- 190 g soft butter
- 190 g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75 g chopped hazelnuts or nut of your choice
- 75 g white chocolate chips
- 12 Strawberries
- 50 g white chocolate
- 200 ml pouring cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan or in short bursts in the microwave.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before beating in the egg and sugar mixture, and then the nuts, white choc chips and flour.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full with mixture and bake for around 20 minutes.
- When it’s ready the top should be dried to a pale brown but the middle still dark and slightly gooey.
- Cut the base off each strawberry so they can sit upright.
- Melt the white chocolate and spoon into a plastic zip lock bag. Snip a small corner off one end of the bag and carefully pipe a dot on the tip of each strawberry. Allow to cool and harden.
- Pipe a dot about the size of a 10cm coin in the middle of each brownie and press a strawberry down on each cupcake. This acts like a tasty glue!
- Beat the cream with electric beaters until firm peaks form. Spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle attached and pipe little stars around the base of each strawberry.
Tada! Little Santa hats!
Delicious and simple. I love your creativity.
Thanks Jennifer! :)
Oh my, how gorgeous! What an impressive display for the xmas table. I bet they taste amazing too
They tasted pretty damn good, I think I will have to bake them again for Christmas Day lunch!
These are sooo cute Swah and sound absolutely delicious! So perfect for Christmas day nibblies or dessert!
Thank you Christine! Will definitely have to bake again :D
Cheers Erin :)
So cute! And great photos too!
Thank you Nic! Managed to snap them before my lens died. It’s in camera hospital now, sniff :(
Oh oh oh!!! They are so cute! I”m so making these festive cupcakes for my kids. Thanks for joining the hop, Swah.
I think your kids would love them Christina!
I love the simplicity of these! Pity I’m not in Sydney for Christmas (where I am strawberry season is long over), otherwise I’d definitely try these!
Thanks Li – a shame you are missing out on strawberry season, always my favourite! Have a great Christmas :)
What a cute idea! Very creative and anything with chocolate and strawberries is definitely a winner.
Thank you! And absolutely, if I need a really quick treat I just dunk strawberries in melted dark chocolate. Heaven :)
heehee too cute and perfect for Christmas here since berries are actually in season!
Yes berries in Australian Christmas desserts are perfect for this time of year. Yum! :)
Those strawberry hats are just lovely. I’m bookmarking this to try. Merry Xmas!
I think I may have to recreate these for Christmas Day lunch :)
That is so cute! :)) The cupcakes look delcious too. Merry Christmas!
Thanks Monica and Merry Christmas to you too!
[…] loved the rainy stormy weather that Sydney encountered on Christmas Day. I baked ginger cupcakes, brownie cupcakes with strawberry santa hats and peanut butter M&M cookies plus I painted my nails coral and mint green to try and look […]
[…] 8. Brownie Cupcakes with Strawberry Santa Hats […]
[…] are you going to bake this festive season? How about some Brownie Cupcakes with Strawberry Santa Hats? Or some Ginger-spiced Cupcakes with Cream Cheese […]
[…] Image via […]
[…] started scheming Christmas baking ideas and can’t wait to share them with you. These adorable Santa Christmas cupcakes I made a few years are still a huge hit and I get asked to bake them every […]
[…] Full directions here. […]
[…] 11. Brownie Cupcakes with Strawberry Santa Hats […]