Satisfy your cake craving in minutes, with a fun Easter spin on a delicious Malted Chocolate Mug cake whipped up in the microwave!
Easter is nearly here, which means I have spent the past few weeks doing “research” of the latest and greatest Easter Eggs on offer! After buying a packet of M&M Crispy Speckled Easter Eggs, I fell in love with the chocolatey eggs filled with a crunchy, malty filling, and knew they would make a great addition to a holiday dessert.
I grew up drinking chocolate malt powder, such as Milo and Ovaltine, and the flavour always has a special place in my heart. And given my love for microwave mug cakes, I knew I had to create a dessert which showcased it! For this recipe I used M&M Crispy Speckled Easter Egg, but if you can’t find them (or you want to make this another time of year) then I think Maltesers would work a treat!
- 3 tbsp butter melted (or flavourless oil)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp chocolate malt powder such as Milo or Ovaltine
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped M&M Easter Eggs
- Put butter into mug and microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
- Add in egg and milk and lightly beat with a fork until combined.
- Add dry ingredients into mug and beat with your fork until mixed through.
- Stir through 3/4 of your chopped Easter Eggs into the batter.
- Sprinkle the leftover eggs on top.
- Place mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- The pudding should be risen and still slightly molten in the middle. If still undercooked for your liking, cook it further in 10 second bursts in the microwave.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
Simply serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream for a perfect holiday dessert. And if you’re after another Easter mug cake, look no further than my Cadbury Creme Egg Mug Cake!