I love pretty much anything Nutella related, and these Nutella and Oreo Pies I recently made for some friends were such a hit! It’s such an easy recipe to make and is dangerously addictive.
I’ve had a lot of emails from readers saying they love easy recipes that either only have a few ingredients or are no bake – and this one ticks both those boxes! As much as I love spending the day in the kitchen whipping up decadent desserts, I am aware that both myself and my readers don’t always have the time or the skills to recreate such a feat.
This recipe makes 2 mini pies which is perfect for 4 people (or 2 very hungry ones, but this filling is seriously rich!) If you are serving more people, double the ingredients and make it in a 23cm/9″ springform tin. More pie for all!
- 1 packet of Oreos 15 biscuits
- 1/3 cup melted butter
Nutella Cream Filling
- 125 g cream cheese
- 125 ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Extra Oreos to decorate
- In a food processor, finely crush the Oreo biscuits. Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture into 2 x 10cm pie tins and put in the fridge to set.
Nutella Cream Filling
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add in the thickened cream and Nutella, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Pour onto the chilled Oreo biscuit base and put in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
- Top off with a crumble of Oreo biscuits and enjoy!
I love using crushed Oreos as a no-bake biscuit base for cheesecakes, it holds shape really well and most importantly, tastes amazing. If you are not a fan of a double chocolate hit, you can substitute plain biscuits such as Graham crackers or Arrowroot biscuits. Or you could even pulverise some choc chip cookies! (ok now I need to remake this with choc chip cookies…)
This creamy filling literally can be eaten straight from the bowl with a spoon. No judgement, please! I find Nutella quite sweet so I didn’t add any icing sugar to the filling, which lets the hazelnut chocolate and slight tang from the cream cheese shine through.
I hope you love this easy and decadent recipe, you can knock it up in no time even if you aren’t the best baker. Or you can get the kids to help too!
What’s your favourite no bake recipe?