Growing up in Australia, we never had S’mores. I would read all about them in American books – a decadent mix of chocolate and marshmallow roasted over a campfire until oozing and sandwiched between two graham crackers. Heaven, right?!
I wanted to take the flavours and layers of this American treat and turn them into individual serves. Using a large muffin tray, it’s really easy to layer up the ingredients and set them in the fridge, before the final blast of heat from the blowtorch. And if you don’t happen to have a cook’s blow torch never fear, you can place these under the grill for around 30 seconds and they will be blistered and golden and gooey.
Unfortunately graham crackers are still hard to come by in Australia, so I suggest using McVitie Digestives or Arnotts “Marie” biscuits. As for the marshmallows, I happened to find a bag of giant campfire roaster marshmallows at Aldi recently (gosh I love Aldi) but feel free to use any type or size of mallow you can find in your supermarket.
- 1 cup 120g crushed plain sweet biscuits
- 60 g butter melted
- 1 cup 175g milk chocolate
- 40 g butter
- 6 large white marshmallows
- In a food processor, finely crush the biscuits. Add in melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of 6 large muffin trays and put in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk chocolate and butter and microwave in bursts of 30 seconds on medium until smooth and melted.
- Divide the chocolate mixture evenly over the biscuit bases.
- Gently press a large marshmallow into each S'mores cup and return to the fridge to set.
- Once set, toast the marshmallows using a cook's blow torch until are brown and crunchy. If you don't have one, place the tray under the oven grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute until golden.
These are best eaten freshly torched, when the marshmallow is at peak gooey-ness (is that a word?) and the chocolate becomes slightly melted. These are messy, sweet and oh so indulgent.
If you love marshmallows as much as me, then you’ll definitely want to get the recipe for my S’mores Microwave Mug Cake as well!
Thank you so much!!!! I was look into everywhere and all the recipes had graham crackers until i found this one. Life saver
You are very welcome Chase!