Hi! I’m Bec from Dancing Through Sunday where brunch recipes rule and recently, I was mad enough to make a frozen dessert in the hight of a freezing winter! It was still delicious.
This simple raspberry semifreddo would be the perfect Summer or Spring dessert (or even breakfast… go on!) so Northern Hemisphere friends, enjoy this. Southern hemisphere friends, make this if you dare.
For those who were unsure of what a semifreddo is, it’s a light semi-frozen Italian dessert that has the texture of frozen mousse. I delved
slightly a lot from the traditional Italian way of making a semifreddo… because I used Greek Yoghurt and frozen raspberries and none of the traditional semifreddo ingredients. It’s delicious anyway and really really healthy so you can get away with having more. If you decorate with some shredded coconut and fresh berries it looks super pretty too!
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/2 raspberries
- 1 tsp of rice malt syrup/maple syrup
- Shredded coconut and fresh berries for topping
- In a food processor, combine the coconut cream, greek yoghurt, rice malt syrup and frozen raspberries and pulse until combined.
- Remove and place in a freezer safe bowl.
- Rest in the freezer for 30-60 minutes, remove, scoop, garnish and serve! So simple.
Who needs food colouring when you’ve got fruit to naturally colour your desserts? This pink is divine!
Thanks so much Bec for this gorgeous looking and healthy dessert! I totally would eat this for breakfast.
What’s your favourite healthy dessert to make? And are you mad like me and love eating cold treats in Winter?