I don’t bother to order brownies when out anymore, they all pale in comparison to these amazingly rich, fudgey, heavenly brownies.
- 375 g soft butter
- 375 g dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g chopped macadamias or nut of your choice
- 150 g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line pan (33 x 25 x 5.5 cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave in short bursts on medium.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before beating in the egg and sugar mixture, and then the nuts, white choc chips and flour.
- Pour into lined tin and bake for 30 minutes (but can often take longer).
- When it’s ready the top should be dried to a pale brown but the middle still dark and gooey.