These white chocolate cupcakes are a delicious and elegant treat. The white chocolate icing is paired with a vanilla cupcake base, however you can get creative and add raspberries to your cupcake mixture for a sharp flavour contrast.
- 230 g butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 300 g white chocolate
- 200 g butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer until smooth in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the 2 flours and salt into a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Do not overmix!
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ full with mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate and butter together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Allow to cool for around 5 minutes.
- Sift in 4 cups of the icing sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk and either beat with electric beaters or whisk.
- You may not need all of the final cup of icing sugar - add it in gradually until a spreadable thickness is reached.
- Spoon the mixture into an icing bag with a nozzle attached and ice the cupcakes.
The gorgeous cupcake wrappers and buttons are from Donna Hay, I love them!!
love your beautiful swirl of icing!
Thank you my dear! I have been practicing :)
Ooh I love those buttons! so so cute.
I love them so much I didn’t want to eat them! Haha
[…] ♥ White Chocolate Cupakes […]
[…] idea, but icing the cake in an abundance of piped roses is stunning. I regularly use the rose technique when piping my cupcakes so I think I can pull this trick off. And finally this amazing Ruffle […]