The weather is heating up in Australia as summer approaches and I am always on the look out for a delicious new drink to whip up and enjoy on a lazy afternoon. Now it’s easy to make your own personalised drinks with a few simple ingredients thanks to the SodaStream Play!
Created by world-renowned designer Yves Behar, this home carbonation system is a simple (and fun!) way to turn plain tap water into something more creative. You literally press down on the machine and voila. Instantly carbonated water!
The SodaStream Play comes in black, blue, red and white and brand new yellow and grey and is a new interpretation of the shape and material selection of the SodaStream system.
If you’re unsure of what drinks to create, the SodaStream Play comes with a variety of flavourings including cola, orange, lemon-lime and pink grapefruit. I’m not a huge fan of overly sweet drinks, so my favourite was their new “Naturals” variety pack that naturally flavoured and sweetened, with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives plus lower in calories.
I was tossing up between the green tea-lychee flavour and the fresh lemonade and settled on the latter. You can’t beat good old lemonade!
The SodaStream Caps are extremely easy to use, once you’ve carbonated your tap water, you simply twist the cap onto the top of the bottle, click into place and let the flavour drip in.
To give the drink an extra hit of flavour, I paired it with fresh strawberries and mint, always a winning combination in my books. And because I love lemon, I topped the drink off with a final squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Tap water
- SodaStream Fresh Lemonade Cap
- 1 Lemon
- 1 handful of strawberries
- Mint leaves some whole, some finely chopped
- Place tap water into SodaStream PET bottle and insert into the SodaStream Play machine.
- Gently press down on the machine once for light carbonation, twice for medium or three times for a very carbonated beverage.
- Once tap water has been carbonated, place the SodaStream Fresh Lemonade Cap to the top of the bottle, click down and let the flavouring flow in.
- Take 2 glasses (or mason jars for extra cool points) and place in a few sliced strawberries and mint leaves at the bottom of each vessel.
- Poor the lemonade drink in, add a generous squeeze of fresh lemon and stir until combined.
The drink was fruity and refreshing, and the addition of vodka would make it the perfect summer cocktail!
I can’t wait to try out SodaStream’s other flavour caps and make some more delicious drinks. I think I’m addicted.
Win one of 2 x Sodastream Play machines
Would YOU like a chance to win your very own SodaStream Play? Tell me what drink you would create with your SodaStream Play in the comments and the 2 best answers will each win a machine valued at RRP$99!
Giveaway terms and conditions: Giveaway is open to Australian residents only and entries close 9am 10th November 2014. The 2 most original and creative comments will be chosen and the winners will be contacted via email.
This post was sponsored by SodaStream